Our little Miss Lady Bug is already 3 months old!
I swear it feels just like yesterday that she was born.
It's not even funny how much faster time seems to be going each month.
I love 3 months old.
In my mind, it's a big turning point.
At 3 months they don't seem to be little bean bags that just eat, sleep and poop all the time and nothing else.
Raleigh has become so interactive and social in the last month and I love it!
Nothing makes my heart melt faster that a big ol' smile from my little girl as soon as she sees me.
Here's a few other things Raleigh has been up to in the last month:
We just love her!
I swear it feels just like yesterday that she was born.
It's not even funny how much faster time seems to be going each month.
I love 3 months old.
In my mind, it's a big turning point.
At 3 months they don't seem to be little bean bags that just eat, sleep and poop all the time and nothing else.
Raleigh has become so interactive and social in the last month and I love it!
Nothing makes my heart melt faster that a big ol' smile from my little girl as soon as she sees me.
Here's a few other things Raleigh has been up to in the last month:
- Like I mentioned above, Raleigh is quite the little social butterfly. She hates being left alone and not being right in on all the action going on around her. If I move out of her sight she'll start crying. But as soon as I move back within her sight or include her in whatever I'm doing she's as happy as a clam!
- She has definitely found her voice! She is constantly cooing and ahhing and blabbering away. She loves to mimick us whenever we talk to her. And boy does she love it when we do talk to her!
- She loves sitting up so she can look all around her. If she's awake and lying down she's not happy. She loves for me to hold her upright so she can just take everything in around her.
- She has discovered her hands! She loves playing with, chewing on them, reaching with them! She also loves my hands. A lot of the time I'll put my hands up in front of her and she'll immediately reach out to grab on to my fingers and play with them.
- She's also discovered her feet and toes! When the rare moment occurs that she's actually on her back she'll sit there and grab for her feet and toes and play with them. So cute!
- She's finally big enough for her Bumbo! I know these have been recalled but they help so much with her love of sitting up rather than laying down. She can only last a little bit in it though because she's such a little wiggle worm that she gets frustrated at not being able to move around very well while in it. Oh well, I'll take those few minutes of her being happy to sit up!
- She's still such a great sleeper! Every night around 7:30 she'll start to get sleepy which gives us the cue that it's time for bed! It's so nice because she'll just right on to sleep all on her own and then sleep until about 5 am when she wakes up to eat and then goes back to sleep until about 8 am. Lawson was a good sleeper for the first three months as well but hit a wall at four months and then refused to sleep. Let's hope Raleigh doesn't do the same thing and keeps up this 12 hours of sleep thing!
- Even though she's such a great sleeper at night the same cannot be said about her daytime sleep. The girl refuses to take longer than a 30 minute nap! I'm really, really lucky if she makes it to an hour which is a very rare occurrence. However, if I hold her or sleep right next to her she could probably sleep all day long. I'm just not willing or really able to do that so she just gets several cat naps each day. Kinda frustrating but I'll take it I guess. If I had to choose, I'd rather her sleep 12 hours at night and not really nap during the day rather than the other way around! We'll keep working on this and hopefully get a better schedule going soon.
- She's still a great nurser! Man, this little girl just loves to eat! Which is fine with me because I just love all her little fat rolls and thunder thighs!
- She's wearing 6 month size clothing and even a few 9 month clothes! I'm finally getting the hang of accessorizing a little girl and I love it!
- Her and Lawson are such great friends. He gets so worried and jealous when someone other than him, mommy or daddy is holding her. He loves sharing and playing with her. He's always laying right down next to her and she just looks up at him in awe and wonder. I can't wait for these two to grow up together!
We just love her!

3 comments:
Sleep issues are hard. I'm with you; I'd rather have the baby sleep through the night. But I love Misty's naps. Either way is tough. Sorry that she's so needy. But she's super cute! So fun that Lawson and her are such good friends. I like seeing that with my girls too.
She sounds so much like Elizabeth! For real! Except for the sleeping part, Elizabeth loves to sleep. I am glad your kids get along so well, mine do too and I can't wait for them to grow up together too! Love ya!
Loved seeing you guys and little Raleigh for real in Denver! She is such a cutie!
Post a Comment