Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lawson's New Obsession

A few weeks ago, Lawson came up to me asking to play something.
He kept saying a word over and over again and I couldn't quite make out what he was trying to say.
I then asked him to show me.

He went over to our recycling and grabbed a few empty water bottles and stood them up next to each other.
He then went and got one of his little basketballs and then proceeded to roll the ball and knock the water bottles over and then started cheering for himself.
The poor kid just wanted to go bowling!

I was pretty impressed that he was able to show me exactly what he wanted to do so well.
And I'm not even sure why all of a sudden he wanted to go bowling since we've only played it on the Wii a few times and it had actually been quite a while since we'd done it.

So for the next hour or so that's exactly what we did.
We went bowling.
And he had so much fun.

It's amazing how much fun a little two year old can have with a bunch of empty plastic water bottles and a little basketball.
It just goes to show that sometimes the simple things you have lying around are better than wanting the newest, most expensive, fancy toy on the market.

Here he is getting excited to roll the ball!
I thought the kid would have a stroke since I made him wait to knock the "pins" over so I could take a picture.
Oh us moms and wanting to take pictures of everything...

So happy and excited to go bowling!

He then started getting a little more creative with his rolls!

It was a fun little afternoon.
And you better believe that nearly every day since then he's played some sort of bowling.
Either this way, for real at a bowling alley, on our Wii, or even on an iPhone app.

And every day when Travis gets home from school the first thing Lawson asks him is "Go bowling?"
And so every day when Travis gets home he plays a game with Lawson.
The kid is slightly obsessed for some reason!

5 comments:

Summer Anderson said...

How cute! I love how creative kids are!

Leslee said...

This is such a good Idea!! So fun! I love when they find something to play with that doesn't cost a single Penny!

Ashlee said...

These are the days! I love it!

Alan said...

Great angle for those pictures, too!

Lori A said...

what can I say....my grandson is SO smart!