Sunday, October 28, 2012

Raleigh Two Months

Oh man, oh man!
Time is just flying by with this little Ladybug of ours!


Miss Raleigh is already two months old.
I know it's cliche but she is just growing way too fast.
It honestly feels like she was just born last week!

She's been growing and changing like crazy this last month.
Here are her 2 month stats...

Height: 24 inches (91st percentile)
Weight: 13.3 lbs (96th percentile)
Head: 16 inches (89th percentile)

So, just like her big brother, we have one chunky little baby on our hands!


She did great at her two month doctor checkup.
Thankfully, the infection from her little hospital stay had completely gone away and they said she looked perfect!

She had her first round of immunizations as well.
She did great with these as well.
Very minimal crying.
I always feel so bad for them when we have to pin them down and then put them in pain. 
But some kisses and snuggles from Mommy helped her calm right back down.

Little side story:
Later that night, Raleigh was feeling a little bit warm so I took her temperature and found she was at 100.3 (a fever for an infant is 100.4) and I immediately start freaking out.
Remember, this is when she was had only been home from the hospital for a week and even though the doc had just told me earlier that day that she looked perfect I was ready to take her to the emergency room right away.
I definitely did not want to run the chance of her getting another infection.
But after talking to Travis and taking a moment to calm down and think things through we realized it was probably from her immunizations earlier that day.
So we decided to keep a close eye on her and keep checking her temp to make sure it didn't rise anymore.
Well thankfully it never got any higher and was back down to normal within a few hours. 
To say this momma was a little bit paranoid at the time would be a huge understatement!

A few things about Raleigh at two months old:
  • She is the world's best little sleeper! She will honestly sleep a ton during the day and then still go to bed on time and sleep all night until the next morning! It's such a blessing. I am definitely someone who needs their sleep so having such a young baby sleep so good is awesome!
  • She has started recognizing us and will smile at us when we look her in the face. It's the cutest when Travis comes home from school each day. He'll go up to her and she immediately busts out the biggest grin for him! Melts my heart to know she recognizes her Mommy and Daddy.
  • She's started talking and cooing a lot more. She will just sit there and coo away and make all sorts of little baby noises. And she's usually smiling the entire time. She's such a good baby!
  • She's gotten a lot better at not having to be held all the time when she's awake. As long as I'm in sight she's usually ok with sitting in her bouncer or swing while I get things done.
  • She is almost too big for her bassinet. Which means it's almost time to move to the crib! Only problem is that the crib is in Lawson's room and I'm not sure that I'm quite ready for the two to share a room yet. I just don't want her to wake him up in the mornings or vice versa. I guess it's pretty much inevitable seeing as we only have a 2 bedroom apartment but it still makes me nervous!
  • She's gotten a lot better at holding her head up on her own. She loves when we sit her up so she can look around at everything.
  • She's not the biggest fan of tummy time. She can stand it for a few minutes before crying as long as she has her binky. I guess that's a lot better than Lawson ever was!
We're so grateful for our little Raleigh!
We just love watching her grow and change every day!

1 comment:

Stormie said...

What a blessing she sleeps well! I'm still trying to get BOTH my kids to sleep through the night. Enjoy it!

She has such a sweet face! Glad she's doing better.