Monday, August 6, 2012

Nesting

So I've kinda, sorta finally hit the "nesting phase" of pregnancy...

Honestly though, it's been more out of necessity than actually wanting to "nest".
I don't know why, but with this pregnancy I've had hardly any motivation to get things done and ready for Baby Girl to get here.

With Lawson, I was all set and ready to go over a month in advance.
Not this time though!
All my extra energy is spent on chasing Lawson around all day I guess...

Anyway, I finally decided to best out all the baby gear and start going through everything.
We only have 2 weeks left and it's finally sinking in that it's a lot closer than I've realized!

So I'm slowly but surely making my way through all the baby stuff and getting things washed, ready and organized.
Plus I have a mile long list of things to clean around the apartment and freezer meals to make but we'll have to see if any of that actually happens :)
Priorities right?!

So I went to the doctor today and they checked me for the first time.
Good news is I'm already 3cm dilated!
But I'm not effaced at all I guess.
So that means that the 39 week induction we've been hoping for planning on and looking forward to actually isn't going to be happening after all...

Looks like I'm going the full 40 weeks!
Joy...

Oh well, I guess it's only 7 more days.
Looks like I have more time now to keep procrastinating the rest of my nesting!

1 comment:

Stormie said...

I don't understand. Why would be dilated a bit mean they don't want to induce you after all?