Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lawson and Daddy time

So the other day Katelyn and I realized that we both hadn't heard or seen Lawson for probably 15-20 minutes. This meant either he was probably doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing or he was dead...both not very good options. So I took off looking for him and look what I found the little booger doing
He was just chilling on the bed, playing Katelyn's iPhone! It's actually kinda amazing how someone not even 2 years old yet can figure out how to unlock the phone and play all of his games. Unfortunately though he's found out how to delete apps and thinks it's hilarious. So now I have to have a password on my phone...

Anyways, so today Katelyn was out and about for most of this morning/afternoon doing Relief Society things so I decided that I needed to get him off the phone and whip him into shape! (In all reality though he doesn't play it all that much, I just think it's funny how he'll disappear with the phones so he can play them for a while by himself).

Lately we've been watching a lot of the Olympics (Daddy, watch 'lympics!) so I thought Lawson and I could have some fun doing our own Olympics. I ran him around the apartment doing races and then thought I'd try him on hurdles. I though of using something big for him to jump over but after envisioning him face-planting I opted for just some shoes. Here's a video of our little Olympic stud in training.


It was pretty fun, and even though he knocked over the last "hurdle" he still managed to bring home the gold medal. We'll have to work on his stride a little bit though. Besides the hurdles we also did the high jump (onto the couch), shotput, gymnastics (he can almost do a somersault, and by almost I mean he can put his head on the ground and fall over), and we finished it off with basketball. For the first time I played a little defense on him, meaning that I knelt in front of him and made him shoot it over me, and he did not like it at all! He kept trying to run past me so I had to hold him still and make him shoot it over me. He actually started to do it though, so we had some success.

All in all it was a fun time just having some Lawson and Daddy time. Who knows, maybe in 20 years we'll have our own little Olympic star!

3 comments:

Alan said...

That is some sweet hurdling!

Rachel said...

So adorable! I loved the video.

Lori A said...

where do I buy my tickets for the '28 Olympics?....