Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Little Helper

This little guy has become one great little "helper" lately!
He loves to help me with the household chores each day.
Let's hope this mentality sticks around once he's a teenager...

He goes absolutely nuts with excitement whenever I pull the vacuum out.
He always has to be the one who turns it on and then he insists on pushing it a few times back and forth before turning it back over to Mommy to finish the job.

And then he'll run and grab his own vacuum and come finish up behind Mommy!

After vacuuming, his next favorite chore is mopping.
I personally think he just likes playing with the mop while dipping it in and out of the bucket of water...
But then he'll have a blast pushing the mop all around the floor.

It's kinda great having a kid who wants to do the chores himself!
Too bad I have to go behind him and finish them up the correct way...
But at least he's learning and actually wanting to help :)

The other morning I was making some muffins for breakfast and Lawson grabbed a stool and dragged it over by the counter so he could get in on some of the baking action going on.

When I turned my back to do something this little monkey decided to take matters into his own hands and this is what I came back to...
Looks like this was his real reason for wanting to help Mommy out with the muffins!
Oh the things kids do...

It's kinda crazy to think that there's only about 3 weeks left of just me and this little guy together.
It actually makes me kinda sad.

Not that I'm sad about having another little baby here.
Trust me, I'm definitely ready to get this baby out!

I'm just getting a little nostalgic thinking about how things will never be the same for Lawson and me.
You know, it's been just me and Lawson for the last 2 years but I'll never have that time of just me and him ever again.
And I'll never have time like that with any of my other children because their siblings are always going to be around.

So I've definitely been cherishing these last few weeks that Lawson and I have together.
Because I definitely know that both of our worlds are about to get turned upside down by this little girl here soon!

1 comment:

Summer Anderson said...

I know I got teary eyed the day before I had Kyler knowing it was going to be mine and Cohen's last day together! Enjoy the last few weeks! But it's definitely so cute and worth it when you you see Lawson give his little sister a kiss on the forehead. It melts my heart when Cohen does that to Kyler :)