Since Lawson is getting older and our one-on-one time during the day will shortly be coming to an end, I've decided to get started on some "learning time" activities for him to do.
I've done a lot of looking around online for different ideas and I'm obviously new to all of this but the idea is for us to spend around an hour or so each day doing some kind of "learning".
So this is how our first day went!
He's really been into shapes lately.
And colors.
He loves the shape of stars and hearts.
So I drew a bunch of hearts and stars on some paper in different colors and then we colored each of those shapes in their corresponding colors.
He actually did really good at it!
I would hand him each color and then we would practice saying the color name and the shape name and then he would color it.
He knows the color purple and blue 100% of the time.
Yellow he knows about 50% of the time.
And we're still working on red and green...
So this is how our first day went!
He's really been into shapes lately.
And colors.
He loves the shape of stars and hearts.
So I drew a bunch of hearts and stars on some paper in different colors and then we colored each of those shapes in their corresponding colors.
He actually did really good at it!
I would hand him each color and then we would practice saying the color name and the shape name and then he would color it.
He knows the color purple and blue 100% of the time.
Yellow he knows about 50% of the time.
And we're still working on red and green...
I think we have a little genius in the making here!
So I hope to expand from this and do a lot of different type of activities and hopefully eventually have like "weekly themes" or something.
Who knows...
I'll have to keep researching the internet to find some different ideas!
(Thank goodness for Pinterest!)




2 comments:
Great idea! It says the video is private so I couldn't watch it. Please tell me you traced those hearts because they are perfect!
Wow, I am so impressed by your parenting! Lawson is not only a smarty, he is lucky to have such a great mom:)
Post a Comment