Thursday, April 5, 2012

It's a...

Well, it's official...


We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday and found out that we are having a little GIRL!

I was beyond shocked...
I honestly and truly believed, without a doubt, that we would be having another boy.
In fact, in all my visions or pictures in my mind of our family, I always pictured two little boys running around together. 
I never once envisioned a little girl!

So it's finally starting to settle in today a little bit that we're going to have girl instead of a boy.
I'm just really overwhelmed at the idea of basically having to start all the way over with baby stuff because we, obviously, don't have anything pink, frilly or girly at all.

In fact, my mom (who's here visiting right now) and I went to the store last night to look at little girl clothes and stuff.
Needless to say, I was completely blown away by all the girl stuff!
There's so many different things for little girls: bows, headbands, dresses, sweaters, tights, leggings, different shoes for every outfit, etc. 
Kinda crazy!

Here's a few more pictures of our little girl...



At the end, they switched and did a 3D ultrasound and we were able to get a few really great shots of her as well.

Here's her face with her arm on the side of it with her hand up by her forehead.

She was putting on quite the little show for us.
She kept stretching and flipping all around. 
And then she busted out a little smile for us!

We are all very smitten with her already.
And needless to say, I think Travis and I are in big trouble of being wrapped around her little finger pretty tightly!

5 comments:

Stormie said...

Congrats! That's so exciting. You'll love having a girl - they are lots of fun. It's funny because I was convinced we were having a boy, but then obviously we had Misty. It's funny how some people just know every time and then some people are wrong - like me. I was wrong with both girls. :) Anyway, congrats!

MOMMY TALK WITH STEPH said...

I so know how you are feeling about the shopping thing. Overwhelming! Anyway...congratulations! I am so happy for you! I knew it was a girl since your pregnancies were so different like mine. But you wouldn't listen. Lol. It's okay. I forgive you! Hope all is well! Thanks for the update! Congrats again!

Chandra Hedman said...

So funnn!!!!!

Rachel said...

Yay! Congrats. I love the pictures of her feet. So nice to count all ten toes.

Mami said...

I think now that we know our little girl, and her picture is on here, you should change the title of your cute blog to include her. Love you all....Mami