So it's official...
Travis's little brother is finally home!
He's been pretty busy the last two years serving a mission for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Paraguay.
We're so grateful for him for serving faithfully for those two years but we're so glad he's back home now!
Thankfully we were all able to fly out to Colorado for the weekend to welcome him back home and for Lawson to finally meet his Uncle Nick!
Lawson was born about 6 months into Nick's mission so it was pretty weird for him to come home to Travis and I having an 18 month old that didn't exist when he left.
I think Nick said something along the lines of "Man, I can't believe that you have a kid!" at least 20 times over the weekend.
But of course, like the rest of us, he was completely smitten with Lawson right from the get go!
It took Lawson a day or two to finally warm up to Nick but as soon as he realized that Nick would go outside and play basketball with him, Nick was his new favorite person!
We had a pretty great weekend being able to be together as a whole family.
This is the first time we've all been together since Travis and I have been married.
There's been at least one person of Travis's family on a mission since before we got married but they're all back home now.
It felt awesome to finally see Travis with all of his siblings at the same time.
I think I picked a pretty good family to marry into!
We enjoyed a weekend of eating way too much food and goodies, lots of movie watching, lots of March Madness (unfortunately...this is by far the worst time of year. Blah!), and lots of just talking and catching up.
Oh, and Lawson learned a new trick...
Whenever we tell him to smile, this is the face he puts on.
Is that not the cheesiest, yet cutest, little grin you've ever seen?!
Makes me smile every time.
(By the way, notice Lawson is wearing his Tebow jersey that was bought only 3 months ago??? Yeah, I wish someone would've told us NOT to invest in three Tebow jerseys for all of us just a few months ago because he was going to get traded...blah! RIP Tim Tebow as a Denver Bronco...you will be missed!!)
And this was Lawson while waiting in the airport to come back home.
He was in love with watching all the airplanes.
He just kept pointing and smiling his little cheesy grin and yelling "Airplane! Airplane! Airplane!" over and over again.
Gotta love little boys!



2 comments:
Glad all is well with you! I have missed you! I love the smile face! It truly is the best. Congrats on the homecoming! Love the missionaries! Lawson is adorable! Thanks for the update! Have a great day!
So fun that you got to go home for a visit! Nick looks great! And Lawson is a cutie like always... :)
Post a Comment