Well, the 18 month stats are in:
Height: 34.02 inches-91.52 percentile
Weight: 30.0 lbs-91.51 percentile
Head: 50 cm-95.25 percentile
So basically we have a really big, solid little boy on our hands!
I know I always say this (but so does every other mom as well!) but our little guy is growing up so fast!
He has changed so much just in the last few months...
He's talking a ton and is so much better at communicating things.
While we're still working on putting two or more words together, he knows a ton of single words.
And while I'm pretty sure that someone other than me or Travis would probably have no idea what he's saying a lot of the time, we've become pretty good at picking up on his pronunciations for the most part!
The largest part of his vocabulary is still animal names and noises mostly.
But I swear he knows almost every animal in all of his books.
It's so funny to hear him make the noises and get all animated acting like the animal he's thinking of!
He's also picked up on a lot of body part names as well familiar objects we use or see everyday.
My favorite is when he says "Where is it?" (which actually sounds like one big word...) and holds his hands out and shrugs his shoulders.
Priceless...
My other favorite.
The way he says "yellow".
It is so. dang. cute.
My other favorite.
The way he says "yellow".
It is so. dang. cute.
He's turned into quite the little climber!
Seriously, he tries to climb up onto everything...
And he's figured out that he can drag the kitchen table chairs wherever he wants in our apartment to climb up on said things.
And yes, he has fallen a time or two and gotten some gnarly looking bruises but that still doesn't stop him.
Kids...
He's gotten really good at climbing stairs as well.
Unfortunately, we live on the 3rd floor and therefore has decided that it is no longer acceptable for mom or dad to carry him up and down the stairs.
He thinks he should get to do the stairs all by himself now!
(Which means it takes us at least 5 extra minutes to get to and from our car now...)
Some of the stairs he can do without holding onto anything but for the most part he just holds onto the railing and works his way slowly, but surely, up and down!
He loves "helping" me clean things around the house.
One of his favorites is vacuuming.
Seriously, the kid goes nuts when the vacuum comes out!
He's figured out how to push and pull it around our apartment and pretend like he's actually vacuuming.
Also, he love to "help" unload the dishwasher.
I make sure to take all knives/sharp objects out first and then he hands me one dish at a time to put away and he gets to put away the rest of the silverware all on his own.
He also really enjoys dusting and sweeping.
I guess I should enjoy the phase of him loving cleaning while I can!
He's gotten really good at helping clean up and putting all his toys away and doing other that I ask him to do.
He just discovered how much fun it is to color and loves drawing pictures and especially having me trace his hands.
He's really gotten into music lately also.
Everyday during lunch time we listen to one of his music CDs and dance and sing and he loves it!
Here's a little video I caught of him the other night while listening to his all time favorite song...
(Sorry, it was taken on my phone because it was a spur of the moment type thing)
Lawson got to experience the joy of visiting the dentist for the first time yesterday!
Poor kid screamed and cried extremely loudly the entire time.
I almost started crying because we basically had to pin him down and restrain him the best we could.
But he got a fancy new toothbrush and some yummy bubble gum flavored toothpaste to start using!
Hopefully it'll go better when it's me trying to bush his teeth rather than a stranger with a mask and gloves on...
But the best part of turning 18 months?!
Nursery!!!!
Oh my goodness, I have been counting down to nursery for the last 6 months and it is finally here.
(For those who don't know, Nursery is the class for 18 month-3 year olds at our church on Sundays...basically I get to be "Lawson free" for the last 2 hours of church!)
He did pretty good on his first day.
Only one meltdown.
But after mommy came and colored with him for about 10 minutes and they pulled out the snacks he was all better!
It is so nice to be able to actually sit quietly and listen during Sunday School and Relief Society again.
I'm definitely going to be enjoying that for the next 6 months until Baby #2 comes along...
Overall, he's doing great and growing and changing more every day!
We were watching some videos of him the other day of when he was only 4 months old and I can't believe that he's that same kid.
We sure do love our Lawson!
And because no blog post is complete without a picture of Lawson...enjoy!

2 comments:
What a sweetie! They do grow up so fast. Wait until you have your little baby #2 and you see Lawson. He will seem so big to you! I just can't get over how dang cute he is:)
Love the dancing video! What a cutie pie!
Post a Comment