Monday, February 20, 2012

Time for Round Two!

Well, since I've truly neglected this blog over the last few months there can obviously only be one explanation right?!

Yup, you guessed it!
Baby Anderson version 2.0 is on its way!
Due August 21, 2012.

Travis pointed out that the only other time I've gone on such a long blogging hiatus is when I was first pregnant with Lawson and no one knew that I was pregnant.

He swears its because the only thing running through my mind is "Baby, baby, baby!!!" and since we didn't want the world to know quite yet I had nothing else to really blog about...

I guess this is somewhat true.
But to be honest, the real reason I haven't been blogging much is because when you feel like super sick and extremely tired 24/7 for three months straight you kinda have to reorganize your priorities in life!

Let's just say that my only priorities the last 3 months have been : 
a. make sure Lawson is changed, fed and happy throughout the day
and
b. keep myself from throwing up as much as possible and get as much sleep as I possibly can.

So yeah, unfortunately blogging was moved way down my list of priorities but now that I'm out of that horrible and awful first trimester I'm finally starting to feel somewhat normal again!
Therefore, please be ready for this blog to have some life to it again!

Anyway, enough about excuses.
Let's talk about "Baby, baby, baby!!!"

(There's a slight baby bump going on but I mostly just look "fat" still hahahaha)

Instead of me trying to think of everything to tell let's just go through these questions real quick...

How Far Along:  14 weeks

Size of the Baby: 3.5 inches long, the size of a lemon according to the My Pregnancy app I have.

Maternity Clothes: Not yet thankfully. I try to hold out on wearing those as long as I can because you get soooooo sick of wearing those clothes by the end of 9 months! It's just been a lot of sweats and comfy hoodies for me so far!

Stretch marks: Not yet. I only got a few small ones at the very end of my pregnancy with Lawson so hopefully it will be the same this time!

Weight gain/loss: Blah. Unfortunately, in order for me to control by nausea I've pretty much eaten non stop for the last 3 months and have therefore already gained some weight. But now that I'm not nearly as sick anymore I'm trying to control it a lot more by eating lots of healthy snacks and foods. 

Sleep: I have to get up at least 2-3 time every night to use the bathroom. And then I usually have a really hard time falling back asleep. Therefore, I always have to take a nap in the afternoon while Lawson takes his nap. Yup, I take a 2-3 hour nap. Every. Day. (Don't judge...)

Best Moment of the Week:  We had a doctor appointment last week and we were finally able to hear the little heartbeat! And yes, there was only ONE thankfully! It's so amazing to hear that little heartbeat for the first time and realize that there really is a little baby growing inside of you. Makes it so much more real. Love it!

Symptoms: Right now, just really REALLY tired all the time still. And I still get a little sick in the morning if I don't eat fairly soon after waking up. It's also about time to bust out that Metamucil! (Haha TMI...sorry!)

Food Cravings: I eat scrambled eggs with ketchup every. single. morning. I love them!! I also went through a banana pepper stage. And cheese quesadillas.

Gender:  I really, really want another boy! It would be so much easier and a lot less expensive to have another boy. Plus I think it would be so cute to have two boys this close together. Lawson doesn't have any first cousins yet so a little buddy brother would be perfect!

Belly Button in or out: Still in right now. But Lawson kicked it out pretty dang far when I was pregnant with him so we'll see!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  I hate the smell/taste of toothpaste. There is only one kind that I can semi stand and I still have to brush pretty quickly and rinse my mouth out pretty thoroughly afterwards. And I also hate yellow bananas. Bananas are awesome when they aren't ripe yet and still green but once they ripen and turn yellow...YUCK!!

Labor Signs: Obviously not....

Wedding ring on or off: Still on. I was able to leave mine on with Lawson the whole pregnancy so let's hope its that way again!

What I miss: Actually having energy to do things and not being so dang tired ALL THE TIME.
 
What I am looking forward to:  Getting a bigger baby belly so people can actually tell that I'm pregnant rather than just looking like I gained a little fat pooch.

Nursery: Lucky for us, we live in a 2 bedroom apartment so Lawson and Baby will get to share a room! We're planning on getting bunk beds which will be fun when they both get older!

 Emotions: Sometimes I cry just for the sake of crying. I have no idea why but I just need to cry for no reason sometime. It helps me feels loads better afterwards!

Stupid things I have done: I'm constantly second guessing the way to spell very obvious words. Like "would" for example. I was playing Hanging with Friends the other day on my iPhone and filled in the letters "W-O-U-L-D" and then hit the send button. My very next thought was "I didn't even know that was a word! Awesome!!" Yeah. Travis sadly broke my heart when he reminded me that that was indeed a word I should know and use fairly often. I felt pretty stupid after that one!

So there you have it.
The last 3 months of my life in a nutshell.

We're super excited to have another baby!
I sometimes still freak out about being a new mom even though I already have a kid...
It'll be interesting to go through round 2!

7 comments:

Lori A said...

no judging, I think you are way smart to take those naps! I wonder when the french fries craving will kick in?? I'm so glad you are feeling better. congrats to the three of you, adding to your cute little family! love ya!

MOMMY TALK WITH STEPH said...

Ha ha, love it! Congratulations again. I am so happy for you! Can't wait to find out the sex! I hope you get feeling better!

Leslee said...

CONGRATS!! That's so EXCITING!! August will be here before you know it!!

sydney b. said...

Oh my goodness yes!!! I'm so excited for you. Baby #2 how stinkin fun. Hope you are feeling better! Miss you!

Kaitlyn said...

Congrats again, Katelyn! I am so excited for you. We need to get together sometime and let the boys play on the beach or something!

HIL and ERIK said...

That's so exciting Katelyn! Hope you continue to feel well! Congratulations!!!

Rachel said...

We are so excited! And I don't think you look fat at all. Congratulations.