Thursday, February 23, 2012

Library Time

So each Wednesday morning our local library has a children's reading time for all the kids in Galveston.
Well this week I decided to finally start taking Lawson so he can start enjoying some more fun activities during the week.

That and I'm feeling really guilty for being so sick/blah the last 3 months and not being able to do much of anything outside of our apartment with him.
The poor kid probably felt like he was on house arrest...
It's fun to be able to get out and do things once again!

Anyway, Lawson is at an age where I think that he can finally start to participate more in these kind of activities so I was pretty excited to go!

He did fairly well through most of it.
He got a little bored during one of the longer, more "advanced" children's books but other than that he seemed to love it!
He even got his very own elephant name tag to wear.
How cool is that?!
:)

The librarian would read several books aloud to the kids and get really animated and try to involve every kid.
Then she spent some time singing songs and doing some other activities like "Ring Around the Rosies", etc.

Lawson got a little shy during the interactive parts so he just wanted to cling to me instead of following the other kids.
But he'll grow out of that I'm hoping as he's gets used to doing activities like this!

Afterwards we went up to the children's section of the library and he got to pick out 5 new books to bring home for the week.

Let me tell you, this kid loves books.
He screams and cries when I tell him its time to leave and go home...

Here's a little peek into what he's like at the library...





He's just constantly pulling books off, looking through them 
and then putting some back while handing others to me.
Sometimes I feel really bad for giving a 5 book limit because 
he would probably love to bring the entire library home with us!

I love spending time with me little guy!

I'm glad we've found this fun activity that we can enjoy every week together now!

(P.S. Can you tell I'm loving my new iPhone and instagram?!)

No comments: