Oh my goodness, it has been a long time...
But don't worry.
We're definitely alive and back in the blogging business!
But in my defense, we were gone on Christmas vacation for 3 weeks and during vacation I usually just don't feel like borrowing a computer to blog on or taking the time to do it.
So basically I'm just lazy when it comes to blogging when I'm not home.
And then I've been busy getting back in the swing of things since being home and this is the first real chance I've had to blog.
I feel like such a bum for finally blogging about Christmas in the middle of January.
Oh well.
Here's some major catch up for you!
For Christmas break we went to Colorado to visit Travis's family for a week and then we went to Utah to visit my family after that for two more weeks.
It was definitely a long vacation but we were sure glad to see both of our families!
But before we left we decided to open our Christmas presents at home instead of hauling them out to Utah to open Christmas morning.
Lawson didn't mind at all!
Lawson got a ton of new church books!
Hopefully these will keep him entertained better during church on Sundays now.
He got this alphabet reader/music player thing.
There's a button for each letter of the alphabet and it plays all sorts of sounds.
He'll definitely be learning his alphabet letters really well now!
This one is a new favorite...
His own tool work bench!
His own tool work bench!
He already loves the hammer.
What kid doesn't love permission to bang something really loud and hard and not get in trouble for it?!
And of course we had to get him his very own "ba-ba!" as he likes to call it.
This kid is obsessed with football.
And basketball.
Fine with us!
Opening his stocking from our family in Georgia!
Travis and I may or may not have stolen all the candy for ourselves...
And here's his main Santa present.
For those of you who are familiar with Kid History, we like to call this "Bigtrak!".
(Not because it in any way resembles the Bigtrak in Kid History it's just big and has car tracks on it...)
Bigtrak is a definite success!
He loves it...
With traveling from Galveston to Colorado, then Colorado to Utah, then from Utah back to Galveston over the break we definitely spent a decent amount of time at the airport.
With Lawson being very mobile and independent, sitting quietly is not a thing that he's very good at.
Therefore we decided to download some of his favorite DVDs onto Travis's computer to hopefully keep him calm and quiet for longer periods of time.
Looks like our plan worked...
What a life!
I wish I could just lounge around watching my favorite movies all the time while traveling...
Here we are on Christmas morning!
We woke up bright and early to open presents and eat a nice big breakfast before Church.
After Church we enjoyed a nice and relaxing day with family.
Nothing better than that!
Stay tuned more many more updates...
Hopefully it won't take me too long to get all caught up!









1 comment:
Glad you are back! I missed your updates. I love the picture of Lawson at the airport.
Post a Comment