Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Me!

So yesterday was my 23rd birthday!

I'm not gonna lie, birthdays aren't a really big deal to me so I had a pretty low key day for the most part which was perfect to me!

Travis had class until about one and then he decided to skip out on studying to come home.
 I decided that I wanted some new clothes and jewelery for my presents.
Needless to say, I didn't really want him picking those things out!
So he took me up to the mall (which is like 40 minute away...blah!) 
and I got to pick out a lot of really cute things.

Then I decided that I didn't want to go out to dinner because
Lawson is an absolute terror when it comes to restaurants now.
So instead, Travis cooked me this lovely dinner all by himself!

 Chicken and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo, Caesar Salad, Grapes and Milk.
(Milk is super expensive here so we never drink it with meals. But since it was birthday I gave in to indulgence!)

 My absolute favorite type of cake is carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
And I usually only ever get it on my birthday.

Growing up I would always get my cake from Parsons bakery in Bountiful, UT.
It was basically like heaven in a box!

But sadly, this year Parsons was out of the question with me being in Texas and all.

So I had to try and come up with my own rendition.
It definitely wasn't a pretty cake but it tasted pretty darn good if I say so myself!

 "Opening" my presents that I had already picked out myself.
Hence the no wrapping paper.
And of course I had to have my little helper Lawson right there in all the action!

I was able to get seven new shirts and four new necklaces for a pretty great price.
And Travis's mom sent me Nicholas Sparks' new book!
Can't wait to read it!!
(I'm heading out to Utah in a few days for my best friend's wedding so my family said they would give me their presents when I get there. Don't worry, they didn't forget about me!)

So yeah, it wasn't a super crazy day but it was exactly what I wanted.
Going shopping and spending the day with my two favorite boys plus a homemade meal and carrot cake.
Doesn't get much better than that!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!
Here's to a great year being 23!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

That sounds like a pretty good birthday. I'm glad you had a good day. You deserve it. And, it's good Travis spoils you a bit.

MOMMY TALK WITH STEPH said...

Happy Birthday again, Katelyn. I am glad that you got to pick out your own stuff. :) And that you had a good day! Congrats! You are an old woman now. Ha ha.

Summer Anderson said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you had a fun day. Shopping is my favorite birthday present too, good choice :)

Chandra Hedman said...

Happy Birthday Katelyn! I never let Tyler pick out my clothes either! haha That sounds like a great birthday!

Amanda and Chase England said...

Congratulations on the fun-filled birthday. I am glad that Travis made you dinner. Isn't it nice not to have to every once in a while? I hope your 23rd year is just wonderful:)

Leslee said...

Hope you had an AWESOME Birthday!