So I had not one, but two epic fails this past weekend.
You see, we actually had a very eventful and fun weekend.
We went out and did something on both Friday and Saturday night.
(That has been a rare occurrence since Lawson popped into our lives...)
And guess what?
I.forgot.the.camera.
Both nights.
I told you...
Two epic fails.
We all know that a blog post in about 10 million times better if pictures are involved and I'm guessing that you can all sympathize with me at least a little bit.
(Or is it empathize? I'm not really sure what the difference is...)
I've now decided to make a sign that says "Don't forget the camera!" and hang it on our door so I'll see it whenever we leave to go out.
Hopefully it will help me avoiding any more epic fails!
Anyway, I'm still going to recount what our weekend was like because, like I said, we had a pretty awesome one!
First off, Friday night we got together with some couples from our ward to go bowling!
It was fun because we'd never really gone out and done stuff with these couples so it was great to get to know some other young families in our ward.
Also, it was Lawson's first time "bowling" and he had fun helping with the bowling balls for a little bit but then he got pretty bored when we wouldn't let him run down the lane chasing the ball toward the pins.
He finally ended up just watching Finding Nemo on our friend's iPad and playing on the race cars in the arcade.
Meanwhile, Travis and I bowled until our arms were ready to fall off
because we paid for two hours worth of bowling.
By the end of the night I think I had about 5-6 gutter balls in a row
because I couldn't swing my arm very well anymore.
I think I'll stick to the Wii bowling for the next little while!
After bowling, we got in the car to head home when I thought "Dairy Queen sounds soooooooo good right now! I wonder where the closest one is???"
So I pulled out the trusty old GPS and low and behold there was one 8.9 miles down the road
in the opposite direction of home.
And you better believe we drove that 8.9 miles out of our way to get some yummy blizzards because let's face it...
Blizzards are definitely worth an extra 8.9 miles!
(Especially chocolate chip cookie dough blizzards)
Alright, second off, Saturday night we were invited to a party by a family in our ward so they could get to know us "newbies".
It was great because there were a lot of the older families from the ward there and a lot of the "upper classmen" at UTMB were there also so we got to meet and get to know a lot more people.
(We've basically just stuck to hanging out with our friends who are all first years as well thus far...)
The party was at a house that is way far west on Galveston Island.
We'd never been farther west than where we live because the school and all the stores are east of us so it was definitely eye opening to finally see the rest of Galveston.
And let's just say that I would totally be ok with never moving from Galveston if we could secure one of those awesome beach houses they have down that way.
They are gorgeous!
And they all basically have their own private beaches because
there isn't really any public access nearby down that way.
It's always been my dream to own a beach house and now I think I've found what I've been looking for...
(Haha it'll probably take us like 30 years or so to be able to afford one of those home but a girl can dream!)
Anyway, back to the party.
Our friends live on a canal so we were all able to take out some kayaks and a paddle boat for some fun on the water.
Lawson looked pretty funny in his life jacket.
It shoved his cheeks up and made him look really fat and made him pretty immobile.
Hahahahaha.
What can I say?
We love to laugh at our kid when he's in awkward situations!
There was a ton of food and games going on and Lawson discovered how awesome a football is.
The thing was like half his size but he loved playing with it.
I know what he's getting for Christmas now!
I love that a ball can be such an awesome present to him still!
I'm guessing that won't last too many more years.
Next thing I know he'll be asking for his own iPad or something...
We wrapped up the night watching the LSU-Alabama game.
(can you say BORING....that was definitely not the game of the century for me. There weren't even any touchdowns!
Blah, blah, blah. Travis has turned me into such a sports lover and critic.)
So yeah, it was a pretty great weekend and I'm still pretty upset that I forgot the camera to help document.
So I'll leave you with this picture to at least compensate just a little bit.
:)
I love my family!

1 comment:
We are both EPIC failures as far as taking pictures. However, that's okay. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I love Dairy Queen as well. :) Totally worth 8.9 miles. Love awkward funny moments. They are what makes life interesting. Anyway...glad all is well. Love ya!
Post a Comment