What is love?
This is true and unconditional love...
The fact that this is Travis with his fish he caught last Saturday on our back porch.
Yup, I finally caved and let him bring them home.
I honestly and truly have a phobia of fish (dead or alive) and wanted them nowhere near our home.
But since Travis really, really wanted them I gave in.
Yuck...
Why anyone would want to do this voluntarily is beyond me but it makes him happy so I couldn't say no.
But there were several conditions he had to meet.
One-he was completely responsible for all clean up.
Two-he was required to disinfect the entire kitchen with cleaner after he was done.
Three-he had to dispose of all trash in the dumpster as soon as he was done.
And four-he would be responsible for cooking it and eating it because there was no way I would do either of those.
I know, I'm such a harsh wife but he followed through and met all of my conditions!
Since yesterday was his birthday he cooked the fish for himself for a yummy lunch.
He was gracious enough to do it while Lawson and I were at the park playing so by the time we got home all evidence of the fish was gone.
Thank you babe!
Seeing as Saturday is Travis's new "fishing day" I'm sure I'll be putting up with a lot more fish for the next four years while we live here in Galveston.
But isn't that what love is all about?
Sacrificing for one another?
You better believe that I totally made him watch The Notebook with me the other night so that he could do some sacrificing for once! ;)



2 comments:
haha i love this. i must say though, i love fishing, and i'm quite jealous that it's the end of october and your hubby is still fishing.
Katelyn and Travis,
I will make you a promise...if you continue to put each other first and give and take, you will have a beautiful and loving marriage. Never forget what it is all about. I love you both! Mami
Post a Comment