Sunday, October 30, 2011

Trunk or Treat!

So we had our ward Trunk or Treat party this last Friday night and since Lawson is so young and we don't live in a neighborhood it pretty much consisted of our entire Halloween celebration for this year.

It started with a chili cook-off contest that I decided to enter.
(Mainly because hardly anyone had signed up at first...)
But then it turned out that a whole bunch of people brought all sorts of chilis so sadly I didn't "win".
Looks like I have a whole year to perfect the art of chili making!

After the chili cook-off they had a bunch of activities going on for the kids and
of course Lawson had to participate!
(even though they were all a little bit advance for him he still did pretty good considering!)

Lawon and Daddy dancing around for the cake walk.
They won us two cupcakes..
A total success if you ask me!

Heading down the "Spooky Alley"...
We put Lawson down at one point where you had to crawl underneath some tables and he just started screaming at the top of his lungs.
Looks like it was pretty spooky for him after all!

Ball toss...
He never made it in the basket but he got pretty good at throwing the balls pretty far!
Once again, a success if you ask me!

And finally, the bean bag toss...
This one took quite a while for him to catch on.
He kept setting the bean bag in front of the board instead of throwing it through the hole.
But after a lot of encouragement he finally made it through a few times!

After the games it was time for the Trunk or Treat!
This was the very first Trunk or Treat I had ever been too so I had no idea what to expect...
It was pretty fun though and a great way to get in some good trick-or-treating!
Lawson never really caught on to the whole "stop at the car and hold out your bucket and they'll give you a bunch of candy" thing.
He was much more content just running up and down the parking lot as fast as he could while being chased by us.
Hence the not very good pictures of us with him.
He definitely did not want to take the time to stop for a picture with Mommy and Daddy!
So these were the best we could do for this year!
Kids will be kids I guess...

The morning after he finally discovered that his pumpkin basket was full of candy!
And he even discovered how good it tastes...even with the wrapper still on.

I found him chewing on both a sucker and a tootsie roll with the wrapper still on but it definitely didn't stop him from enjoying his candy!

And just for fun,
Look at the difference a year makes!
























Can't wait for next year's Halloween!
We're already know what his costume is going to be...
This year a lion, last year a tiger and so next year a BEAR.
Oh my!
(I should definitely be awarded the world's most cheesy mom award for this last comment...but I love it!)

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Cutest lion ever!! Don't you love ward trunk or treats and chili cook offs? They're the best!!

Amanda and Chase England said...

What a cute little feline, whether he is a lion or a tiger! I'm glad he was able to get into the swing of Halloween with you guys:)

MOMMY TALK WITH STEPH said...

SO cute, Katelyn! I am glad you had fun at your trunk-or-treat. That's great! Also the caramel apples LOOK DELICIOUS in your most recent post! I am super jealous. Go ahead and ship some to me! :)