So every October the Houston Zoo does what they call the "Zoo Boo".
Basically they have a lot of Halloween activities going on and you get to dress up when you go to the Zoo!
So a bunch of us moms from the ward got together yesterday and took all our kids.
Here's Lawson the Lion!
(I'm definitely not the most creative person and this cute costume was on sale this week at Walmart for $10 so I was sold!)
We took Lawson to the Denver Zoo back in April and he didn't really have any interest in the animals at all.
But this time he loved all the animals!
Of course his favorites were the tigers, monkeys, and turtles because he can actually say those words.
He just kept pointing and saying their names over and over.
Pretty cute!
Here he is pointing at the Leopard and Sea Lions.
And the giraffe came right over to check us out.
(Is it lame that I'm the mom and I got nearly as excited as all the kids? Because I definitely did!)
Plus look at those baby elephants!
Pretty much melted my heart...
Of course we had to get a picture with the lion!
He was our Halloween inspiration after all...
At the Pumpkin Patch with all the other kids!
They were able to each pick out a pumpkin and decorate them.
Lawson ended up trying to eat his instead...
Maybe next year we'll actually get around to decorating.
These are cute little African huts that the kids loved playing in!
Lawson loved running in and out with all the others.
It so fun for him to have friends to play with!
Loved taking my little guy to the Zoo!
He was pretty tired by the end can't you tell?
It was a fun Halloween activity that we'll definitely be doing again next year!
Oh, and we found out that if you receive WIC benefits you always get free admission to the Houston Zoo.
We now know what we're doing every few months for the next four years while we're here!






1 comment:
So cute, Katelyn. I am jealous. I wanna take William to the zoo. I wish we lived close so we could go together. :) I love that outfit! You look so cute in that last picture. Is your hair a different color? It's lighter. I like it. Probably just your days at the beach and the sun. Lol. Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment