So all of Travis's dreams finally came true Saturday morning.
He finally got to go fishing!
We headed out to the beach at 8:00 Saturday morning so
we could have a couple of hours before General Conference began.
It's kinda funny because when we walked out the door and got in the car I said to Travis "Wow, it's kinda cold this morning!" and then I looked at the temperature and it was 78 degrees out...
I guess I'm already becoming a warm blooded Texan!
Pretty pathetic if I do say so myself.
Anyway, back to fishing...
We met up with our friend Mary and the Hedmans.
Mary and the boys enjoyed the fishing while Chandra, Lawson and I hit the beach.
We headed out to the beach at 8:00 Saturday morning so
we could have a couple of hours before General Conference began.
It's kinda funny because when we walked out the door and got in the car I said to Travis "Wow, it's kinda cold this morning!" and then I looked at the temperature and it was 78 degrees out...
I guess I'm already becoming a warm blooded Texan!
Pretty pathetic if I do say so myself.
Anyway, back to fishing...
We met up with our friend Mary and the Hedmans.
Mary and the boys enjoyed the fishing while Chandra, Lawson and I hit the beach.
We basically spent the whole time chasing Lawson around the beach but we all loved it!
When we went to check on the fishers I could tell that Travis was happy beyond belief.
(Why?! It's just fishing...)
He was able to catch two fish which is pretty great for his first time salt water fishing.
I refused to let him bring them home though.
I have this phobia of fish and really, really don't like them. Dead or alive.
So he graciously gave them to our friends to take home.
He did say that was the one and only time he would do that but we'll see...
Travis is already planning and looking forward to next weekend when he can hit up the fishing again.
But me? Not really looking forward to it too much.
(The dead fish possibly being brought home part at least.)
But it makes him really happy so I guess I'm happy too.
The sacrifices marriage take some times, gee!
When we went to check on the fishers I could tell that Travis was happy beyond belief.
(Why?! It's just fishing...)
He was able to catch two fish which is pretty great for his first time salt water fishing.
I refused to let him bring them home though.
I have this phobia of fish and really, really don't like them. Dead or alive.
So he graciously gave them to our friends to take home.
He did say that was the one and only time he would do that but we'll see...
Travis is already planning and looking forward to next weekend when he can hit up the fishing again.
But me? Not really looking forward to it too much.
(The dead fish possibly being brought home part at least.)
But it makes him really happy so I guess I'm happy too.
The sacrifices marriage take some times, gee!

No comments:
Post a Comment