So Lawson has become oddly obsessed with something new lately...pens.
Seriously, the kid goes nuts if he can't have a pen with him at all times.
I don't know if this is his comfort item since he's been weaned but it's impossible to keep him happy without one.
We have a cup of pens on our desk and he has quickly learned where we "hide" the pens.
Now, every morning he heads straight for the desk and whines and points at the cup until I hand him a pen.
Does this make me a bad mom?
Probably.
But do I care?
Not really.
It's either give him a pen to carry around all day or listen to him whine and cry until he gets one.
I personally prefer to have a happy baby rather than a crying one so we go with the whole pen thing.
Don't worry, I make sure all the lids are on very tight but he's never wanted to get one off.
He honestly just wants to have one to hold and that's it.
And he's never hurt himself with one so I figure, why not?
Today I finally just gave him the whole cup of pens because he was not satisfied with just one or two pens.
Weird kid...
He likes the clicky pens because he can push the button up and down on his own.
Oh, and he loves putting them in his mouth.
What toddler doesn't love putting everything in his mouth?
I'm kinda hoping that he grows out of this phase soon and finds something else to ease his emotional anxieties with.
But until then, if you're ever in need of a pen just look for Lawson!




3 comments:
Mckay loves pens too! And I, like you, just let him go at it. He is into putting the lids on and off, so just know that Lawson has lots more months of exploring the many possibilities of those darn pens:)
Haha this is so stinkin cute!
Good thing I read this before church today so I could tempt him to come play with me!
Post a Comment