So with us moving to Galveston and getting what I like to call a "grown up" apartment
(aka non-student housing apartments...)
it was definitely time for us to start expanding our collection of home furnishings.
Now that Lawson will finally have his first ever real bedroom all to himself
(poor kid, he'll be nearly one before getting an actual bedroom...)
we were in need of a few things.
In steps good old Craigslist.
Back in March we were able to find a nearly brand new looking crib and mattress for only $100.
And then last week I was able to find a matching
(which is a REALLY big deal to me. That's the OCD coming out in me...)
dresser and nightstand from two completely different and unrelated in any way people for a total of $50.
Both were in fairly decent condition but I'm thinking a new paint job wouldn't hurt.
Pictures to come soon!
Also, when Travis and I first got married we were given a couch and loveseat
that were pretty old but in okay conditions.
Well, 2.5 years later it was definitely time to get some new couches
In steps Cragislist again!
I was able to find a really nice sleeper sofa, loveseat, overstuffed chair and
ottoman matching set for only $300.
Yay for comfortable and much nicer couches!
Once again, pictures to come soon.
Finally, our new apartment has washer and dryer hookups.
Well, we've always had to rely on the laundry mat to do laundry and therefore
have never been in the market for a washer and dryer.
After a lot of research I found that this was going to be a pretty big expense for us.
Well, word got around to my grandma that we were looking for some and she just happened to have the perfect solution for us.
She owns a duplex that she rents out and her previous tenant left behind her
washer and dryer because she didn't have a need for them anymore.
Therefore, my grandma has a nearly new washer and dryer just sitting in her storage calling our names!
Yup, my grandma is giving us a free washer and dryer.
Thank goodness for blessings like this!
After these new additions to our home furnishings I think we are pretty much set for the next little while.
Yay for being thrifty!
2 comments:
That is very impressive! :) Good job katelyn! Enjoy Texas, hopefully some day we will get to see you and little lawson again.
Dear Katelyn,
Kenny STILL doesn't have his own room and he is a year and a half :)
Clay is still building the wall and hall way on that side of the house.
So Much for having Our own room! BLAH!!! So I know the feeling! Way to be thrifty. Clay and I were laughing the other day as we sat in our living room and well....realized that everything in it was used, falling apart, and FREE from people giving us stuff! Ha Ha some day we will have the money to buy nice things that are New and OURS :) I love that you are doing so good. keep it up!
Love,
Les
Post a Comment