Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Apartment Hunt

So during our quick little weekend getaway to Galveston we found ourselves a new home!
It only took looking at about 20 different apartments to finally decide.
In fact, our new home was the second to last place we looked at.
But I knew right away that it was the place I wanted.
I'm pretty excited about it...

It's at a complex called Newport at Campeche Cove.
It's a 2 bedroom/1 bathroom and has a lot more space than our old Wymount apartment.
Plus it doesn't have cinder block walls.
Yay!!

It located just a few blocks from the beach and is also located right on a lake.
In fact, our balcony hangs right over the lake.
We spotted four turtles within just a few seconds of standing out on our balcony!

It has washer/dryer hookups so no more laundry mats!
Oh, and it also has a dishwasher...
I pretty much already consider this apartment heaven.

A few other perks include a swimming pool, an exercise facility, granite counter tops, new appliances, a fireplace, vaulted ceilings, and central air.
I seriously cannot wait to move in!
(Wish I would've taken pictures...)

The only down side?
It's about 8 miles away from the school so we're going to have to 
figure out some sort of transportation for Travis each day.

He was hoping to be able to walk or even bike but 8 miles is a little too far for either of those options.
There is a bus stop right outside the complex so I guess we'll give that a try.
But Travis is thinking he just wants to get a motorcycle or scooter.
I think that option is a definite NO on my part...

Anyway, the apartment is ours on August 11th but we won't actually be there to move in until August 18th.
So guess what that means?
Less than a month until we're in Galveston!

2 comments:

Summer Anderson said...

How exciting! This place sounds nice, maybe we'll come stay with you for a weekend :) He should get a scooter! Those are fun and less dangerous than a motorcycle because they can only go so fast :)

sydney b. said...

Oh my goodness your place sounds amazing! I'm so excited for you guys. Spence wants to buy a motorcycle when he goes to med school too...oh boys! Call me sometime, I would love to catch up!