Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My New Habit

So I'm just going to take a quick moment to talk about myself...

You see, during my pregnancy I (unfortunately) gained quite a bit of weight.
More than the normal amount of weight a pregnant woman should gain.
And yes, right after Lawson was born I lost a decent amount but I was 
nowhere near my pre-pregnancy weight.
Blah...

So I kept bugging and bugging myself to start exercising and eating healthier and yada, yada, yada.
Well as anyone can guess, I never really started and I just kept coming up with 
excuse after excuse as to why I "couldn't" do it...

Well I can now honestly say that I have finally established a habit of regular exercise!
Go me!!!

I started on May 1 and have successfully exercised or participated in some form of physical activity at least 4-6 times a week every week since then.
So I am going on 8 weeks now!

And let me tell you, it has made a huge difference in my life.

You know how you always hear that exercise is good for you and will make you feel better?
Well guess what?
It's true!
(Who would've thought?!)

I have gotten to the point where if I don't exercise for no good reason then I feel like I've let myself down.
Therefore, I'm honestly motivated each day to exercise in order to help myself.
It's such a great feeling!

Oh, and guess what else?
I am now about 5 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight...
Yay!

So moral of the story, start exercising today and stop making excuses.
You'll thank yourself one day for it.
I know I have!

3 comments:

Summer Anderson said...

Hey good work! Living healthy does take A LOT of discipline. Keep it up!

Amanda and Chase England said...

Good for you! Don't you love the way you feel after you work out? I've been morning sick for about 6 weeks and haven't exercised, and I miss it! I am hoping that in a few weeks I'll be better again and I can start up once more. You are an inspiration:)

MOMMY TALK WITH STEPH said...

Ha ha. I read your newest blog post but I guess I missed this one. Well congrats to you! That's awesome! Well let's motivate each other! I will be checking in on you and I hope you do the same for me. It's great being an example of fitness for our kids! :) Love you! Thanks for the comment and congrats to you and Travis! A new adventure in Texas! You will do great!