Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

So as this is my first legit Father's Day, Katelyn persuaded me to go ahead and write something. First off...

it is because of this little guy right here that I get to celebrate my first Father's Day. This kid is such a stud. It's amazing how much he's changed my life in just the 9 1/2 months he's been here. I can remember the first time I held him in my hands and realized that this little kid is actually mine. Since then it's been a learning process and there have been lots of good times and every now and then a not so good time. But I've gotta say, I love being a dad. I love coming home from work and seeing this little booger's face light up in a huge smile. I love how he gets so excited anticipating me turning the light on when it's dark. I love how he laughs hysterically every time I'm about to change him and ask if he's a little pooper. Pretty much this little guy is my buddy and I'm so grateful that I've been blessed to be his dad. I can't explain properly the feeling I get, but I do know there's something pretty amazing about being a dad. So I have to say thanks to my little Lawson for giving me the privilege of being a dad, and also thanks to my Dad for being one to me. I look forward to many more years of fun and adventures. Love ya little guy!

No comments: