Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sports Craziness

So we're kinda sad to not be in Provo right now.
Even here in Colorado we're hearing all about this Jimmer Mania going on in good ol' P-town.

Travis was able to go to the BYU game at Air Force last night so at least he got to participate somewhat in the Jimmer Mania.
But it's just not the same.

I just wish we were still at BYU so we could participate full time.

For those of you that haven't heard about the the epic facebook thread about Jimmer check it out:
Pretty hilarious!

On a completely different note, now that I think of it, I'm actually kinda glad to not be in Utah right now.
My poor Jazz.
Their coach of 23 seasons, Jerry Sloan, resigned today all of a sudden.
What's going to happen to them now? 

I honestly have no idea.

Things could either start looking up for them somewhat or things could get really, really bad very quickly.
I'm thinking the latter is going to happen unfortunately.
Ugh.

It's really too bad that Sloan had to go out on such a negative note.
But I wish him luck with whatever comes next for him.
Thanks for 23 great seasons Jerry Sloan!

(I just realized that this post is entirely about sports...wow, that's definitely a first for me. Travis will be proud!)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

It's going to be so different without Sloan out on the floor. I was seriously almost in tears watching the press conference last night. I agree with you, I think things are going to get pretty ugly for a while, but then I think (crossing fingers) that things will get better.

Amanda and Chase England said...

I share you Jazz pain. Chase and I went to the game against the Suns. . . it was heartbreaking! We were so close!
On the upside, we watched BYU beat the University of Utah, so I guess that, like every season, there are ups and downs.