Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Hearts Day!

This year Valentines Day was pretty fun.
We were in charge of helping with the ward party on Saturday.


It actually turned out to be really fun!
There was a ton of food, lots of fun games, and we got to know lots of new people.

Oh, and the decorations were awesome.
I didn't know a ward party could have such great decorations...
Guess I'm still use to a student ward!

I forgot my camera but we ran home to get it at the
very end so here's the few pictures we took afterward:



Poor Lawson was so tired and about to fall over asleep at any second...
Looks like the nursery babysitting wore him out!

And of course you can't have Valentines Day without some pink heart shaped sugar cookies!
It was actually my very first time making sugar cookies.
Not too bad if I say so myself...
"Unfortunately" these tasted very good.
Which means we ate a ton of them in a very short amount of time.
But that's alright because it's Valentines, right?

We decided to celebrate Valentines day pretty low key this year.
That's mainly because we weren't very on the ball with making any sort of plans.

But lucky for us, when we went out to dinner without a reservation
we were able to walk right in and be seated immediately.

We just had to show up a little before 5:00 for that to happen...
Oh well, we're parents now so we've given up partying our nights away anyway.


No Valentines Day is complete without flowers!

This is an Anderson family tradition.
My mother-in-law, Lori, always gets each of her kids a
heart shaped balloon and writes their name on it.

Well, this year we got to join in on the fun!

Lawson was so perplexed by all the balloons.
He honestly just stared at them for a couple of minutes
before deciding trying to play with them.
Funny kid...

I wish I could take the credit for making this cake.
But nope, this is another one of Lori's family traditions.

Her parents were married on Valentines Day and every year
her mom would bake a cake like this for their anniversary.
Well Lori has carried on the tradition and made one for us.
It was delicious.

I'd like to try my hand at making cute cakes like this.
Maybe next year...

No comments: