Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ba Humbug!

This past weekend was full of a few frustrations...

First, I really wanted to take Lawson to the mall to get a picture with Santa Claus since it's his first Christmas.
So I dragged Travis and Lawson to the mall with me on Friday night for a little family outing.

Big mistake.

It seemed that every other family in Utah Valley had the exact same idea.
The line was huge!
But I was definitely willing to stand in that huge line until I saw the prices for pictures...

$16.95

Really Santa?!? 
$16.95 for one single picture with you?!?
Ba humbug!
Needless to say, our poor little family had to pass on pictures with Santa this year.

Next, BYU does this stupid thing (at least I think so!) every week on Saturdays where if you live in on campus housing you have to have your computer scanned before you can connect to the internet to make sure it has up to date anti-virus protection.

Well like two days before last Saturday I downloaded the 2011 version of my anti-virus protection and it said everything was up and running all dandy and fine.

Wrong.

When BYU scanned my computer it said that my anti-virus protection was out of date (huh?!?) and therefore I couldn't connect to the internet.
Ba humbug!

And let me tell you, this was not an easy problem to fix.
You see, in order to download a different and supposedly "up to date" anti-virus protection you need to be connected to the internet yet BYU was refusing to let me get on the internet...
See the problem?

Well long story short, after 3 days without internet and several hours of trying to work with OIT at BYU to get new anti-virus protection we are finally up and running again!

I never realized how dependent we are on the internet.
It was seriously pretty hard to go 3 days without it!
We felt so out of the loop on everything going on in the world.
Kinda crazy.

Finally, neither Travis nor I can find much motivation to study for finals.
Like, at all.
Ba humbug!
It's not too big of a deal for me because I only have one final but poor Travis has five.
Blah, let's just say that we are both VERY ready for this week to be over with!

On a very different and very high note, Travis got another  
medical school interview!!!
It's at the University of St. Louis School of Medicine.
He'll be flying to St. Louis on January 11th for the interview that afternoon and then flying back home later that night.
Kinda a long day for him but we're so grateful and excited to have another interview!

So even though this weekend was full of a few frustrations it looks like we still have plenty of things to be excited about and grateful for!

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Oh my, I hope it goes well.....if he gets accepted you must let me know cause I live in St Louis!!!!!!!!!!! I love it out here, I know you guys are set on CU but St. Louis would be awesome.....I could show you the ropes and introduce you to people. And Lawson would have a friend because our little baby boy Tanner is due to arrive any day now.