So on Saturday we decided to get out of the apartment for the afternoon and go on a picnic at Bridal Veil Falls. Now for those of you who don't know, Bridal Veil Falls actually has some significance in our relationship. The day after mine and Travis' first date my roommates and I along with our FHE brothers decided we wanted to go on a "nature walk" of some sort and decided to walk up to Bridal Veil Falls. Well in order to express my interest in Travis adequately enough I decided to invite him to go along with us. He agreed to come and let's just say that day pretty much sealed the deal with us. Ok, not really but it did give us a really nice and long afternoon to spend with each other just talking and getting to know each other a lot better. It was so nice to be able to spend hours talking so easily and comfortably with someone I didn't know that well and I can honestly say now that that day got Travis and I started in the right direction with each other for eternity.
Ok, enough sappy memories and back to Saturday...we decided to be all nostalgic and go back to Bridal Veil Falls for the first time since that day over two years ago. (By the way, if someone would've told me that day that just over 2 years later we would be back and I would be married to Travis and about to have a baby I probably would've laughed hysterically...). We packed a lunch, grabbed a big comfy blanket and spent the afternoon once again talking so easily and comfortably while enjoying the falls together. It was so nice to have an afternoon together like that again there because here in a few weeks life is going to be getting pretty hectic and crazy! So we're going to take full advantage of these last few weeks (or days hopefully!) of just "us" and enjoy them while we can!
No comments:
Post a Comment