Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wind Rivers and the 24th

So just a quick little update, we've been at it pretty crazy here the last little bit. It seems like we didn't do many vacations while we were in school but since Katelyn and I have both had summer term off we've done a ton! On the 24th of July we went down to Manassa, CO for a family vacation. It was great to see everyone there, and it was a lot of fun even though neither of us ran the 5k this year (although the plan is to push our little booger in a stroller next year!).
This past weekend Katelyn went and stayed with her family up in Kaysville while I went to the Wind Rivers in Wyoming. It's been a family tradition since I was 13 to go up there. I realized that it was my 9th time up there this year. I guess I'm a regular Wind Rivers veteran now. I didn't take many pictures this year, mainly due to forgetting my camera, but I did take one with my phone.
It's always amazing how beautiful it is up there, not to mention how good the fishing is. I didn't get to stay up there as long as I would have liked, due to my ride having to come back early, but it was still way worth it. It's kinda funny, I couldn't help but think about what it would be like when I start bringing my son(s) up there, showing them how to fish, how to gut a fish, taking them on the amazing hikes, etc. That will be in 9-10 years though...still it's crazy to think how much life is going to be changing here in the next couple weeks. I'm way excited. I figure Katelyn is worried enough for the two of us, and since in all reality I don't have to do any of the painful stuff I can just be plain excited. So hopefully this little guy decides to make life easier on us and comes before school starts so we can get adjusted at least a little bit beforehand. But as I told Katelyn the other day, I guess we'll still keep him even if he decides to be a punk and come late.

No comments: