Thursday, August 19, 2010

Random Ramblings

So it's raining. And I love it! I'm sitting here in our little apartment with all the windows and the balcony door open just listening to the rain fall and the thunder while a million different things run through my mind. There's nothing better than a good rain and thunder storm to just sit and relax through while "day dreaming" about the future....did I mention that I love this?!?

So we're finally down to the last week as of tomorrow! Possibly. Technically it could still be another two weeks or even three weeks if he decides to be a punk and come really late. My original due date was September 3rd but they moved it up to August 27th because of his size. So who knows when it'll actually happen. But on the (sorta) bright side, they'll force him to come out if he hasn't done so on his own by September 10th so that gives us an absolute maximum of 21 days until he'll be here! I've been finding myself becoming more and more hesitant about hoping he'll come before that. I've kinda just made myself accept the fact that he won't be here until then so I'll be very surprised and happy if he comes earlier! Better to be happily surprised than disappointed, right? Right. 

So I thought we pretty much had everything ready and set for this little guy  but I swear I keep thinking of a million different things every day that I still need to do or get done or prepare myself for. I'm definitely going through my little "nesting" phase of pregnancy that everyone talks of. It's actually pretty nice because I don't think our apartment has ever been so clean and tidy before! Plus I've gotten rid of so much junk and stuff that we don't need. I love having things so clean and organized! It probably won't stay that way for much longer but I don't care because all of my little "nesting" accomplishments each day make me feel a lot better about myself since I'm not in school or working and I'm basically just at home all day. 

Have I mentioned before how incredibly petrified I am of labor and delivery??? That's pretty much taken over my brain and thoughts starting this week and it's pretty much all I think about. There's so much I don't know about and it drives me crazy! But thanks to some really good friends I've had a lot of my questions answered. But I honestly can't wait to just have it all over with so I can know for myself what to expect and what to do and what'll happen. I just need to have patience. I tell myself that multiple times a day now but it's so hard! 

Travis has been really great through this all. He's so stinkin excited and I love it! Every day he talks to my belly and tells this little guy to just come already. He's helped me so much through the last 8.5 months and I couldn't have asked for anything better.(You'd be surprised how well he handles all my crazy pregnancy hormones and mood swings! He's such a trooper!) He said he saw a dad and his little boy on campus yesterday and it just made him even more excited to have our own little guy here to play with and raise. He's going to be such a good dad. You should all be jealous I snatched him up. Really.

So I know this has been kinda random and probably just me rambling about all the different things on my mind but it helps to pass the time and give me something to do while I sit here and wait for this little guy to finally get up the courage and come out. So please bear with us (and by us I mainly mean me...) these next few days?/weeks? as we get closer and closer to our little guy!

No comments: