Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day

So this year I was able to celebrate my very first legit Mother's Day. I'm not gonna lie though, it was kinda weird being on the "other" side of Mother's Day. But it was really nice! Travis pretty much spoiled me for the entire day :) Also, my family came down on Saturday to celebrate with us. It was really fun to have them around and celebrate being a mom with my own mom. We went out to eat at Zupas (my favorite!), went shopping, and played games together. My mom bought me a new dress because the majority of mine don't really fit anymore...I love it because it definitely shows off my awesome baby belly that I absolutely love! And she also gave me the cutest little hat and matching socks that say "I love mommy!" on them. Thank you mom!


I told Travis not to spend any money on a present for me but of course he couldn't resist. He bought me a beautiful bouquet of roses and gave me a beautiful card and also made me a homemade card with all of our pregnancy/motherhood inside jokes. He sure does know how to make me feel special! I'm so grateful to have a wonderful husband that makes me feel so amazing! And I can't wait for our little boy (still no name...) to arrive so I can start experiencing all the joys of motherhood. I've never been so excited for anything in my life and am so grateful for the opportunity I'll have of being a mother!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Katelyn!!! Your belly is so cute! I'm so excited for you and Travis! Yay for babies!!!!