Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oh BABY!!

WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!! I'm so happy that I can finally spread the good news! I'm almost 15 weeks along and due on September 3rd!!

So to be honest, the lack of blogging the last couple of months has been because there wasn't much going on in our lives that wasn't baby related and we wanted to wait until we were out of the "danger zone" to make our big announcement...well we made it through and everything is going great!

Travis and I decided back at the end of November that it was time for us to expand our little family. And very much to our surprise, a couple of weeks later we found out that I was pregnant already! We actually found out on Christmas day and all I can say is that was the best Christmas present I have ever received! I actually ended up taking 4 pregnancy tests just to make absolutely sure it was for real.

The emotions I felt were at that time were all over the place...I was SUPER excited but at the same time I was scared out of my mind...I kept thinking "Oh crap, what've we done?" but then I'd think "This is so awesome!".

It was a very weird feeling the first couple of weeks because other than having a piece of paper telling me that I was pregnant, I didn't feel different at all. I had a hard time believing all the time that I really was pregnant until the blessed symptoms came! There was actually only about a three week period where I was pretty sick. No throwing up though (thankfully!) just being extremly nauseous all the time and having to eat every 2-3 hours to keep it under control. And after that couple week period, I've haven't been sick at all really! The most severe symptom I've had to deal with is fatigue. I'm soooooooo tired ALL the time. If I don't get at least 10 hours of sleep at night and also a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon then I can't function at all. It's kinda ridiculous how tired and lethargic I get after already sleeping for more than 12 hours.

I've also had some pretty crazy cravings...At first, my main thing was ketchup and scrambled eggs. Now it's mainly salsa, chicken nuggets and french fries...I wish I would get some healthy cravings!

In the last week or so I've noticed my pants starting to get a little snug in the waist. I thought to myself, "I'm pretty sure this will be the one time in my life when I'm excited that my pants are getting tighter!". I'm not showing to the common eye yet but Travis and I can definitely tell a change and I'm super excited to get the baby bump :)

Travis has been amazing over the last 15 weeks. He pretty much will do anything for me! Except I have noticed that he seems to talk more to my stomach now than he does me :)

We were able to go to the doctor today and listen to the heart beat for the second time. It's such an amazing experience to be able to hear the heartbeat and to know that there is an actual living baby inside of you. The first time we were able to hear the heartbeat it finally hit me that this is for real and I'm carrying my child. I've never loved anything as much as I do this little one (well except for Travis I guess!) and we can't for wait for it to get here!

PS Only FIVE more weeks until we find out if we're having a boy or a girl...that seems like an eternity haha! My vote is definitely a boy and Travis thinks it's a girl... we'll just have to wait and see!

5 comments:

Jasmine said...

oh my, congrats! I am sooo jealous!

Kaitlyn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That is so exciting! I'm glad everything is going well!

Gretchen said...

I'm so excited for you!!! :) The day you do your ultra sound is so fun! And so exciting! Yay!

Joey & Lara said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! You better post pictures often of your baby bump!! :) I'm going to be a aunt again around that same day! Crazy stuff!!

Krewson Family said...

:) You are so cute! I am excited to watch the baby bump grow, at least for a little.