Monday, February 22, 2010

Wow, we're pretty big slackers!

Wow, it's been quite a while since I last posted...Travis kept bugging me to blog and I always came up with an excuse but that time is over! So we are definitely going to be back on line with this blog from now on. Promise!

Well, I guess it's time for MAJOR catch up...the last time I posted was right before last semester ended so I'll only catch up on the major events of the last two months:
  • Our one year anniversary!! Yep, we've been married for over a year now. It's so crazy to think it's been that long. Wow. It's been an amazing year (well technically now it's been one year and two months) with lots of ups and very few downs. I honestly don't know what I would do without Travis in my life. I am one pretty lucky girl! To celebrate we spent some time in Las Vegas. They had some really good deals going on so we stayed in the Luxor Hotel for a few nights and had a great time being in the city and also winning some pretty good money :)
  • Since we were already in Las Vegas for our anniversary, we decided to get tickets to the Las Vegas Bowl to see BYU play Oregon State. Travis' family came down from Colorado to join us and it was such an awesome game especially since we won! The only down side was how windy and cold it was. We figured since it was Las Vegas we wouldn't need our big winter coats but boy were we wrong! But we got through it and now know to never assume the weather will work in your favor. 
  • Christmas and New Years were a lot of fun except that I had to work almost everyday since I was considered to be a "local" even though my house was about an hour from work while those from out of state were able to have the whole break off...blah. Oh well, it was fun for Travis and I to have our first real Christmas together. We spent the break with my family and it's always been tradition for us all to wake up at 6am Christmas morning. It'll probably take Travis a while to get used to that tradition! We also went tubing with my family up at Soldier Hollow. Nothing's better than being able to tube without having to climb back up the hill yourself but rather being pulled up! 
  • The new semester started and we're both really liking our classes. We're taking a family history class together which has been really interesting and now we have some pretty good ideas of how to get started on researching to find more information about our families. Travis is also taking a medical school application class so he's learning a lot about the things he needs to get done and do to make his applications stand out. He's also taking an MCAT prep class every Saturday from 9-4. He's taking the MCAT on May 21st in Colorado so we're keeping our fingers crossed that he'll do amazing and we can get into our top choices of schools! 
  • Last weekend we went to St. George with my family. A family that we're really good friends with own a house down there so we all headed down for the long holiday weekend. The weather was so perfect...shorts and short sleeves weather! We spent a whole day in Zion National Park and were able to do some really pretty hikes. We were only able to scratch the surface of Zions though so we're definitely going back this summer to explore some more. Unfortunately we forgot our camera so no pictures to show off...
  • Finally, we went to Colorado this past weekend for Travis's brother's mission farewell. He leaves on March 10 (so soon!) and going to the Asuncion Paraguay mission. It was really neat to be there for his talk. We both think he's really prepared and going to be an amazing missionary. I'm really gonna miss him though! I've never been through the whole sending a brother on a mission since my brother is younger than me so I'm not very used to it yet! It'll be weird having two brothers on a mission at the same time because Travis's other brother is in Argentina until October. I'm still way excited for him though and can't wait for him to have the opportunity of serving.
Well that's pretty much all the big event that's happened in the last two months. Other than these big things it's pretty much just been school and work...again, we promise to keep this thing more updated from now on!

No comments: