Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

So this last week I turned the big two one!! Yup that's right. I'm officially a legit adult now. Funny thing is I still feel like a teenager most of the time. And I definitely don't feel like I've been married for almost a year now. Wow, when I think about that I guess I really am getting pretty old...anyway, my birthday this year was actually pretty relaxed. Like I've mentioned before, Tuesday are my easy and pretty much wide open days while they're ridiculously crazy busy for Travis. So I spent the majority of the day alone but it was kinda nice to have an off day on my birthday! My dad ended up driving down to surprise and take me out to lunch and then shopping for my present! We went to California Pizza Kitchen and had some pretty yummy pizza and salad. And then I decided that I wanted Nicholas Sparks' two new books out called The Choice and The Lucky One for my present this year. He's pretty much my favorite author and I own every single one of his books now. I'm really excited to read them because his books are always amazing! When Travis was finally able to come home he took the liberty of continuing a tradition that he had in his family growing up for people's birthdays. He made a ton of signs to hang up all around our apartment that said things like "Kately is Queen for the day!", "Hippo Birdie Two Ewe!", ect. And then he wrote a note/story about how awesome I am. Let's just say I really like that tradition! Then we went out to dinner at the Macaroni Grill which is my new favorite italian restaurant! (mostly because of the bread with oil and vinegar...so good!) I got sung happy birthday to in italian and had this amazing chocolate cake covered in chocolate syrup and whipped cream. Yummy! Now for the best part. My presents from Travis. I must say that he truly impressed me BIG TIME. I almost couldn't believe that he put it all together. I've wanted a dog really really badly ever since getting married but our current living arrangements won't allow that so I've pretty much been bummed a lot about not having one. So Travis decided to get me the cuttest stuffed animal dog which had the dvd Marley & Me wrapped in its paws and a card with dogs on it! Pretty good huh? He put the whole dog theme together all on his own! I loved it. A lot. And then he got me the new Glee soundtrack that just came out. Let's just say that I already have all the words and music memorized on the whole cd. I'm kinda obsessed. But it's so good!!! Anyway, it was a pretty great day and Travis is awesome. The end.

1 comment:

Mami said...

I am glad you had a good day. Travis is a special, caring and sensitive man. I am so glad he makes you happy and is a part of our family. Good work Trav!