So I realized today that I'm turning into my mother...I don't mean that in a bad or negative way at all though. I just mean that there were always a number of things that I never really understood why my mom (or pretty much any mom) did them or why they were such a big deal.
For example, growing up my mom would make us kids do chores every Saturday. In my mind I always thought of Saturday as a play around, have fun, do nothing type of day and I'd always moan and groan when we had to do all those horrible, horrible chores such as vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, dishes, cleaning the bathroom, ect. Like I said, I never understood why all this needed to be done EVERY Saturday. Well now I know. Since I've been married and had my own house (well, apartment. And a very small apartment at that) it drives me crazy to have the place be messy or dirty or dusty or just blah! I now dust and vacuum my apartment twice a week and clean the bathroom once a week. I also "deep clean" the kitchen once a week also along with sweeping and mopping. And guess what day I do all of this on???? Yup. Saturday. I never would've thought I'd turn into this but here I am! It gets especially bad when I know we're going to have company over. I seriously go on a cleaning frenzy!! I never understood why my mom would make us clean really good when company was coming over but now I'm totally eating my words. Great.
Next example, my mom would always but out "decoration" towels for the current season or holiday or make us kids swear that we would not use them to dry dishes or to dry our hands. Well guess who put out Halloween "decoration" towels today??? I did. And guess who made Travis swear he wouldn't use them to dry dishes or his hands??? I did. See. I told you it was happening.
At this point all I can do is laugh. Laugh because there's definitely no turning back now. I'm on my way to becoming the epitome of a mother, a wife and a housekeeper. But you know what? I think I'm ok with that. It makes me happy.
3 comments:
I am the same way. Who'd have thought all that crazy stuff our moms made us do would suddenly make sense when we had our own homes?
I'm the same way too!! Joey just looks at me like i've gone mad! But it drives me crazy!! I'm glad to know i'm not the only one who has this issue! LOL :)
Katelyn....I am glad to see I could teach you something! I am also glad to hear you see the value in it. I only have one question for you????? What part of all this does Travis do????? You don't live in the south where men are still in the caveman days heheheheheh I love you and the woman you are becoming. I can think of no better compliment than to have you say you are becoming like your mother!
Post a Comment