Thursday, October 1, 2009

Babies on the mind...

So I got to babysit a little baby earlier this week! I was so ridiculously excited it's not even funny...a friend in the ward needed some time to do some cleaning and laundry so I volunteered as quickly as I could to help her out! I got to watch him for about 3 hours and let's just say I learned a lot of things and thought a lot of things during those few hours. The first thing I thought right after getting him was "I want a baby!" They're seriously so cute and precious. Oh man. The second thing I thought after about the first five minutes of having him was "Ok, now what do I do with him???" The third thing I thought about came to my mind after he'd began crying and wouldn't stop was "Uh oh. I have no idea what I'm doing..." And finally the last thing I thought was "Man, babies are so cute! But hard..." after he finally calmed down and fell asleep. Let's just say that I learned that being a mom is probably the hardest job there possibly could ever be. (And I was only a "stand-in" mom for three hours for crying out loud!) It was kinda cool though to think "Holy crap! This could be me in the not so distant future!!!" Hahaha it's funny how something as simple as babysitting for a few hours can put something so HUGE into perspective for you. Golly. It did make me realize how excited I am to be a mom one day and that there's nothing more precious in this world than a little baby in your arms. But at the same time it made me realize how much work I have cut out for me in the future!! AHHHH....

PS-I love my job!

PSS-I have a new guilty pleasure...GLEE! Awesome show. You should all check it out. It's hilarious and by the end of every episode I just want to jump up and start singing at the top of my lungs and pretend like I'm on stage wowing the world...hahaha a girl can dream can't she??

No comments: