So I got a job. Finally. It only took three weeks, seven applications and three interviews along with a lot of hoping and pleading, but I got it!! Actually, I wasn't even suppose to really get this job. The original girl who was hired decided the day she was suppose to start that she didn't want the job anymore and lucky for me I'd turned in an application a few days earlier so they knew right away who to call for an ASAP replacement! I'll be working at an assisted living home called Bel Aire as a CNA. I don't know much about it yet because I haven't had my first day yet but from what I've seen and heard it seems like a great place. There are only 12 residents who live there which I think is perfect because then you'll get to know each person really well and be able to know every other person you work with really well. Anyway, I'm really excited because it pretty much seems like the perfect job for me and my personality. I love old people!! :)
Oh yeah, I also have a word of advice for anyone who is interested in starting weight lifting. I went to a "Power Pump" class last Wednesday night at the Gym (which is basically where you lift weights for an hour) and I have now been in shear pain and agony for four straight days...let's just say I haven't been able to move my arms without having to scream and have my eyes begin to water. You may think I'm exaggerating but I'M NOT. This was not normal muscle soreness...so my word of advice is to start out slow. Don't over do it or you WILL suffer the consequences and you will not like it...
No comments:
Post a Comment