So ever since Travis and I got married we've both noticed that our waist lines have been getting slightly tighter and tighter...that's never a good sign especially in you early 20s. So we finally decided to take some action. First on our list, buy a scale. We figured if we had a scale on hand then we'd be able to regularly weigh ourselves and that would either make us really depressed (which in turn would motivate us) or it would make us really happy (which, I think, in a way would motivate us even more.) Now come to find out we did not buy any ordinary scale. According to this scale I keep getting lighter and lighter every day while Travis keeps getting heavier and heavier hahahahaha! I love this scale! According to this scale I've lost 6 pounds since Tuesday and Travis has gained about 5. While I thought this was quite amusing Travis hasn't had quite the same reaction. In fact he told me yesterday "Maybe we shouldn't have gotten this scale..."which added even more fuel to my laughing fire. I assured him that all would be well and we'd just have to use the scale readings as a ballpark estimate and see if they stayed somewhat consistent for more than one day. Hopefully it'll work! But it brings on great motivation for both of us!
Second on our list, start using our Gold's Gym pass more often. We've been pretty consistent about going this summer but we finally sat down and made a schedule of when we're going to go and I've kinda gone crazy with the whole exercise thing. I found this really cool magazine called SELF that I really like and they also have a cool website. You can create an account for yourself where you can log your workouts and set goals for yourself and it has all sorts of tools you can use for your benefit. You should all check it out! www.self.com. AWESOME! Anyway, back to Gold's Gym. I've been wanting to take advantage of the classes they have there so I decided to try one out this week-Yoga. But I didn't want to go by myself so I sat down next to Travis and looked him in the eye and gave him my prettiest smile and batted my eyelashes and asked, "How much do you love me?" He looked at me suspiciously and said "A lot..." very slowly. Then I quickly said, "Will you come to a Yoga class with me tonight? Please?!?" After rolling his eyes and trying to get out of disappointing me he reluctantly agreed. All I can say now is I've never laughed so hard in my life. We both weren't very good and most embarrassing of all...it kicked both of our butts. We we both sweating terribly and out of breath most of the way through but by the end we were both relaxed and nicely stretched out. It was actually a lot of fun now that I look back. Hopefully I can convince Travis to go with me again! And hopefully we can keep up the motivation!
1 comment:
Hey Katelyn! You are an inspiration to me! LOL and I love the fact that you used the "how much do you love me" statement! It gets you whatever you want! LOL :) So I was thinkin and if you want a really good work out at home... you should go on amazon and search turbo jam... I found and got 5 workouts all in one for 5 bucks! and it is amazing! I love doing it! Just a thought for ya! :D Thanks for blogging! Love ya and see ya soon!
Post a Comment