- Georgia: this is something that Travis (yes, Travis!) has been bugging me to blog about for a while now. And yes I admit that I should've blogged about this a long time ago but better late than never! Anyway, my mom's side of the family lives in and near Savannah, GA. My entire lifeI've spent the summers in Georgia on our once a year visit. I would consider Georgia like a second home because part of me grew up there. I love it there! So naturally I wanted to share all the experiences and memories I had of Georgia with Travis and I especially wanted him to meet all of the members of my family he hadn't yet! So we had the opportunity to spend our last week of summer in Georgia. We did all of my favorite things to do in Georgia: the family swimming pool, the Flea Market, the beach, tour historic Savannah, eat at all the fabulous restaurants I've grown up on that are sadly only located in Georgia (Spanky's, Krystals, Ronnies, all seafood restaurants...), shooting guns (well this is acutally one of my least favorite things but Travis seemed to enjoy it for some odd reason that I will never understand) and a Low Country Boil. For those of you who don't know what that is I'm sorry. You've definitely been deprived in life! But overall, it was great to see family and friends and for them to get to know Travis and for Travis to finally be able to relate to my memories and stories of Georgia.
- School: it was weird going back to school for me even though I went to school for the entire summer. I've discovered that 6 classes at once is a lot harder than only 2 and it's definitely taken some adjusting to my motivation to stay on top of things. And campus is CRAZY BUSY!! Holy cow, I never realized how many billions of people there are at BYU during a regular semester. During the summer campus almost seemed like a ghost town compared to now. And finally, now that I'm into my major's classes I think I'm going to finally start making sincere and honest effort to do good. Some of my classes are hard! But I can do it. I know it. Mainly because I discovered the other night that if I read the textbook and do the practice problems my life is a whole lot easier! Who would've thought?
- Job: blah....I managed to get through the whole summer without working. Travis was working full time so I didn't really feel the need to find a job right away. But now Travis isn't working at all and I'm not working at all but the bills and payments still keep coming for some reason. I guess that means that I should get a job. I mean my CNA certification wasn't for nothing right? I just need to get out there and fill out some applications! (This is goal number one on my list by the way) Wish me luck!
Overall, I'm excited for this new me and this new approach I have on things in my life such as this blog, school, work, goals, and ect. But the thing I'm most excited about is that I get to share all of this and work on all of this with my best friend and love of my life Travis. It's going to be a great rest of the year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment