- BYU spring classes- I'm taking two classes during spring term, Physiology and Marriage & Family. Both are really interesting and a lot of fun. I love learning about the human body! It'll be a hard class but worth it! Marriage & Family is great because it's all relative to me now! It's fun to be able to take something I learn and apply it to life.
- Shopping for decorations- so Travis doesn't think this a big deal but I do! My mom came to visit and we went shopping for some cute decorations for our new home! I'm really excited to make this place all "cute" and our own. The problem is the cinder block walls and the 'no screws in the cinder block walls' rule here at Wymount...we'll see how that works out!
- Running- so Travis and I decided to run a 5k on the 24th of July this year! This is a HUGE deal for me because running and I just don't get along at all...but we set a goal to start running and exercising together during the week. I've found it's really easy to say you're going to run everyday but really hard to actually do it. But we've started so hopefully we'll be able to accomplish this goal and continue running together afterward.
- Traivs got a job!!!!!!! Finally. He's finished with his Medical Assistant class and very long externship (which he didn't get paid for...boo) and now he's been hired and is making the big bucks! I'm no longer his sugar mama sadly but that's ok with me. Maybe I can convince him to get on here and post all about it since I know very little details about everything but that's probably a long shot...all I know is he loves what he's doing and he's really happy so that's all that matters to me!
- CNA class- I decided to take a nursing class! I'm really excited because this will help me get a job that I enjoy. I absolutely love helping people and I love the health field so this is a great way to get my foot in the door and get some experience. It's kind of a tedious class though...Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 5-10 pm can get pretty long some times! But I'll be done by the end of May so it's all about just pushing on through!
- Fun cooking- Travis and I have had some fun adventrues in the kitchen this past week. We finally decided to put the blender we got for our wedding to use! We made our very own Coco Bananas in memory of our wonderful Mexico trip and then laid out in the sun all afternoon. Not quite the same effect that Mexico has but still very relaxing and fun. We also decided to bust out the grill we got for our wedding! We made our own hamburgers and grilled out on our balcony (which we got in trouble for becuase Wymount thinks by grilling on our balcony we'll catch the brick building on fire...so next time we have to haul the thing out 20 feet from the building blah, blah, blah). Finally, Travis decided to buy an ice cream maker! We haven't had time to make any yet but we're hoping to this weekend. Yay for summer!
- Haircuts- I finally got my hair cut! Nothing too drastic just a major bang cut which feels a million times better and then I got alot of layers. I'm still trying to convince Travis that he really needs to cut his hair but he hasn't gotten around to it yet surprise, surprise haha :)
- Mother's Day- we went to my house for Mother's Day weekend and had a blast! My parents went to the Eagles concert on Saturday night so we partied it up with Ashton and Tori. We rented Marley & Me (so good! I've seen it multiple times now) and made some good blueberry muffins together. It was great to spend Sunday with my mom. She's honestly the best!! I love you and hope you had a good day!
- Talkig to Josh- Travis' brother Josh is serving his mission in Argentina right now so we got to talk to him with the rest of the family on Mother's Day! That was exciting for me becuase I've never talked to a missionary on the phone before. It was so great to hear from him and hear about all that's going on down in Argentina! I feel so lucky to be a part of the Anderson family now. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better family to become a part of! They're so much fun and so great to me (except for ALL seven of them ganging up on me over the phone about having a baby...haha) I can't wait for Josh to get home so I can get to know him better but until then I know he'll keep up the good work!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
What a crazy week!
So over the last little while a million things have happened! Some are big things, some are small, but nonetheless, it's been crazy! Here's what's been going on:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like a super awesome week!
Katelyn, you're blog is so cute! Haha, I laughed when you talked about the seven siblings and the baby talk. I'm glad I'm not the only one with family dropping baby hints! :) Stuff like that happens to me all the time! I'm excited, but not for a while.
How's your fish doing? I should get a fish. Then I'll be a fish mom like you! Haha...
Katelyn! I love your blog so much! Its so fun to keep up on your life. Look at you all cute and married like! This is for you and Gretch...no babies yet. I'm not ready for my best friends to have babies. I need to get married first and that is going to take a long time. Keep posting because I love to read up on your life! Love ya babe! Have fun with school and such. Tell your cute hubby hi for me!
have a baby
Post a Comment