Friday, May 1, 2009

New Home!

So last Friday, Travis and I moved into our new apartment. We moved into a house right after we got married basically because it was the first thing that we found available for the end of December. Long story short, we had to move because the contract was becoming a month to month contract which was a little too iffy for us so we decided to move to Wymount! We think it's going to be a lot of fun for us! We really like it because it's a complex with lots of married couples so maybe we'll actually start to make friends haha! It's also a nice size and rent is reasonable. So after a week, everything is pretty much set up and unpacked. Here are a few pictures to show:

Here's the bedroom. A LOT bigger than our first one. There's a big closet with tons of storage. We can also fit our entire bedroom set so our room feels a lot more complete. That brown door you see leads to our "bomb shelter" as everyone calls it which is a huge storage area with tons of shelves. So nice!


Here's Travis' UNC and all blue bathroom (long story...) Not a huge fan of the bathroom. There's no counter which makes it very difficult for a girl to get ready in the morning! But it does have a full size shower with lots of hot water whenever we want it which is HUGE upgrade from our other bathroom so I'll take it!



Here's the front room. This was tricky getting it all arranged. Why do places always seem to put the TV cable in the worst spot? We tried everypossible arrangement and the only one that would work had our big couch on the wall with the TV cable so we had to run the TV cable across the room hence the big black rug to cover it up. Oh well, I really like it!


The kitchen is my favorite part! Mainly because it's black and red haha! But there's soooo much counter space and cupboards that I still don't know what to do with them all! Plus we were able to finally get a table. So cute!

So pretty much we love our new little home. We'll be here the rest of the time we're at BYU so we're looking forward to the next year and a half or so!

2 comments:

Skyler said...

Have a baby

Joey & Lara said...

Katelyn Anderson!!!! How the heck are you?? I'm so glad you finally started a blog!!!! :) That way I know what you are up to!!! YAY!!!! Hope everything is good for you! Your apartment is way cute!!! :) When I get back from this summer we need to have a girls night out!! I miss seeing you!! Love ya!!