Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hello!

So I finally decided to start a blog! I've actually been thinking of starting one for a while but just never got around to actually doing it. So here I am finally! So much has happen over the last year. It's been CRAZY!! If someone would've told me this time last year where I would be now I would have never believed them. Obviously the biggest thing that has happened is I got married! Wow...I'm still kinda amazed by that fact. In fact, I've decided to be the "cheesy" newlywed LDS wife and make this blog all about us as we begin our life together. There's honestly so much to catch up on...Travis and I were married on December 20, 2008 in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. I can't believe it's been over four months! Since then we've just been getting adjusted to married life and working hard in school and at work. Our first apartment was an adventure! It was very small but what newlywed couple apartment isn't?? It was also very old but it kept us happy. Probably one of the biggest highlights of our marriage so far is our fish!! We decided that we'd try the whole parenting thing out and the only possibility of doing that in our circumstances was to get a fish. His name is Butch and he's basically awesome. I've never seen a fish with an actually personality but boy does Butch have one! He gets really excited when we give attention and he loves to come look us straight in the eyes and flare up at us. And he responds to his name all the time. Some may think that it's pathetic that we love our fish so much but we don't care. He's a part of our family!

Here's a picture of us with Butch when we picked him up from the store!

Alright, another exciting thing that has happened since we got married is our ability to cook has flourished! We got this super cool mixer from Travis' mom for a wedding present and she taught us how to make homemade bread and cinnamon rolls. We also got a wheat grinder as a present so now we never have to flour again! I feel so domestic making our own flour and bread! The cinnamon rolls were my favorite part. They taste so yummy and I feel so accomplished knowing I made them all by myself from scratch! Here are some picture of our kitchen adventure so far:

Here's Travis taking care of the dough. He's pretty much a pro!

Me beginning the cinnamon rolls.

Finished products!

Alright, another big event is our vacation to Mexico! Travis' family goes to Mexico every year in March and so we decided to take a little spring break of our own since (BYU doesn't see spring break as a necessity) and join them! It was so nice being in the warmth and on the ocean and especially nice to be with family! We were able to go see Chichenitza which was awesome because we had an LDS tour guide that was able to explain a lot of things to us from an LDS perspective. Here's us at the ruins we were able to see:




Swimming in the Cenote which was beautiful!

So yeah, overall it has been a really great and exciting four months since we got married. This is honestly just a fraction of everything that has happened but there's no way I could recap everything. That's what I get for waiting so long to finally start one of these! But I'm excited for this and can't wait to write all about our new life together! Thanks!