Oh man, I'm so behind in blogging.
I have some serious time issues I'm dealing with though.
Meaning, I don't have enough time in the day to get everything done that I need to get done let alone get to the things I want to get done.
One of these days I'm going to figure out how to be Super Mom and then maybe I'll be better at posting as much as I want to...
Well, Raleigh is officially one month old!
(Well as of September 18th...)
It has seriously been one of the longest yet fastest months of my life.
Part of me is so glad that first month of having a newborn is over with because it is definitely a very hard time.
But we've made a lot of sweet memories and figured a lot of things over the last month.
I feel like Raleigh and I are somewhat on the same page with most things and I have her figured out pretty well by now!
Here's a few things that Raleigh's been up to the last month:
- She (unfortunately) has to be held whenever she's awake. If she's not being held, then she's crying. Blah...this has definitely been the hardest thing. It's not very easy to get things done when having to hold her all the time!
- She loves for her bum to be patted! It's one of the quickest and easiest ways to get her calmed down.
- She loves to eat! Man, that little girl has definitely filled out and doesn't look so much like a newborn anymore!
- She also loves to poop. We go through so many diapers a day. Several times she'll poop as soon as I get a new diaper under her and before I can even get it buckled up. And I've definitely been pooped all over more times than I can remember right now. And she pooped all over the bathtub the other night. It's bad...
- She's a great little sleeper! At bed time I can lay her down in her bed awake and she'll eventually (within about 30 minutes) go off to sleep on her own. Sometimes it takes some help and work from me but I learned through Lawson how important it is to teach a baby to put themselves to sleep. She's doing great with it so far!
- Once she's asleep at night she'll sleep for about 10 hours or so with only waking up twice to eat. And once she's done eating she puts herself back to sleep all on her own! Let's hope this continues...
- She's started smiling at us! I'm not sure if they're real smiles yet or if it's still smiling from gas relief but I'll take them either way!
- She loves her little binky and must always have it with her. Next to getting her bum patted, this is a sure way to get her calmed down.
- She's already taken a few (accidental) beatings from Lawson. Mostly from balls being thrown at her and him "sharing" his toys with her. Luckily she hasn't been too traumatized from these experiences. Looks like she's going to have to be one tough girl to make it through growing up with Lawson as a big brother!
- She definitely has all of us wrapped pretty tightly around her little fingers!
Like I said, it's been a fun but exhausting month.
But regardless, we love our little Raleigh girl!

1 comment:
Woohoo! You made it through the first month! I always think that is the hardest. I have a sling that I don't use that I can send you, so she can be "held" and you can still get things done! Let me know if you don't have one , I really don't use mine!
Post a Comment