Oh man, I have so much to blog about!
Life sure has changed a lot around here.
But first I have to write about one of the most traumatic experiences of my life that happened this last week.
I seriously thought I could die.
It was about 2:30 am and I had just barely finished feeding Raleigh and got her back in her bed to sleep.
I had just started to drift back off to sleep myself when all of a sudden Travis shoves me to the side of the bed and jumps up really fast.
Um, alright...
I ask him what's wrong and he gives this loooooong pause.
So I ask again.
What's wrong?!
And then I hear something I hope to never, ever hear again.
He finally replies, "There was a cockroach crawling on me."
Oh.my.gosh.
I told you, I could've about died.
I jumped up out of bed as fast as I could and run to the opposite end of our room and start freaking out.
Travis goes on to tell me that he was having a dream that something was tickling him in his armpit and then he sort of woke up and felt his armpit to realize that it was real.
He looked down and found a (big) cockroach crawling around in his armpit and then when he jumped he saw it hurry and scuttle off the bed.
And that's when he shoved me to the side and fully jumped up.
Oh.my.gosh.
Even more freaking out on my part at this point.
Needless to say, just crawling back into bed and going back to sleep was out of the question at this point.
So we both grab some flash lights and the roach poison and start searching for the little culprit.
Well we looked, and looked, and looked and could not find the dang thing!
Great...
Looks like I'm not going to be going back to sleep tonight for fear of a roach crawling up on our bed again.
We finally give up and I go to turn off the flashlight and then all of a sudden I see it!
It had somehow escaped into the hall and then was dumb enough to try venturing back into our bedroom.
I spotted it right as it was about to go under our dresser so Travis ran over and sprayed the thing with the poison and then we had the pleasure of watching it die a slow, painful death.
And you better believe I did not feel bad at all about it dying that way!
Serves it right for crawling on us (and by us I mean Travis) in our bed.
And it's a darn good thing that it was on Travis and not me or I think I seriously might have had a mental breakdown and started sobbing uncontrollably.
The next morning I had our bedroom sprayed and treated for roaches.
And luckily we haven't seen one since.
(Knock on wood...)
I have to say that roaches are by far the worst thing about living in Texas.
I've finally gotten used to seeing them and I'll even kill one every now and then but I still refuse to touch them or clean them up.
Yuck!
So here's to hoping that we don't have any more little bed mates ever again!
3 comments:
Ew, GROSS! I am so sorry that happened to you! When I was in Africa I got bed bugs one time, and I felt so totally violated. I completely sympathize with you guys, I hope you never have to see another one again!
here's hoping that the only little bed mates you ever have again are Lawson and Raleigh! By the way....where was that roach spray when we were in that waiting area the other day??
Gross! I don't think I could've gone back to sleep at all! Ick! That's so violating. :(
Post a Comment