Saturday, August 25, 2012

One Week

Our little Raleigh is one week old today!

I can't believe it's already been a whole week...
It seems like its been so much longer than that!
(And I don't mean that in a bad way at all...)

It's definitely been an adjustment for me in I'm not used to having two little people demanding all of my time and attention instead of just one.
There's been a couple of days where I feel like everything only gets half way done or I never really finish anything. 

But at the end of the day I know that I spent the majority of my time taking care of my two kids and spending time with them so it's alright.
The dishes and laundry can always be finished another day! 


She's such a good baby.
She's pretty much content all of the time.
Except for when it comes to changing her clothes or diaper.
She's not too fond of those two things!


 She spends the majority of her time sleeping.
Sleeping a lot.
In fact, I have to be the one to wake her up in the middle of the night to eat.
And even then she doesn't really want to ever wake up to eat. 
I swear the child would already sleep through the entire night without waking up at all to eat if I would let her!

I keep thinking that this is too good to be true.
A newborn baby that has already taught themselves to sleep through the night?!
We'll have to see how long it actually lasts....
I'm not making any bets!


Every once and a while we get a little peek of these precious blue eyes.
I love it!

Other than sleeping she basically does what every other newborn does...
Eats and poops!
A lot.
She takes after her brother that way!

It's amazing how our life has been completely changed by this little girl.
Travis has yet to actually spend an entire day on campus studying and going to classes since she's been born because he's way too anxious to come home and see her.
And Lawson is always wanting to kiss on her or hold her.
And I can't imagine not having her here in our family!

It's amazing how such a tiny person can have such a huge impact.
We love our little Raleigh!

2 comments:

Sean Marie said...

Congrats! She is gorgeous! And I feel how you do, except I only have one kid as of now. Btw, my daughter has that same dress. :)

Summer Anderson said...

She's so cute! That is so nice she is such a good sleeper!