Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Big Boy Bed

Somebody got a big boy bed this week!

Here he is "helping" Daddy put it all together...
"Helping" in his case consisted of stacking his cars and trucks on whatever Daddy was trying to put together at the moment haha!
We figured that since we're getting down to crunch time until Baby Girl arrives (6 more weeks...ahh!) it was about time to transition Lawson from the crib to what we call the "big boy bed".

Now instead of investing money into a toddler bed (they're expensive!) and then having to invest in a actual size bed (even more expensive!) for him in another year or so we just bit the bullet and bought him a twin size bed now.

Well, actually we went ahead and bought bunk beds.
Ha, we're already prepared for two kids to be in their "big boy & big girl beds" and Baby Girl isn't even here yet...
 Nothing like being prepared for the future, eh?!

Since Baby Girl obviously won't be sleeping in her bunk any time soon we only set up the bottom bunk and put the top bunk into storage for now.
It'll be waiting there for her in about two years! 

Lawson was beyond excited for his "big boy bed"...
In fact, lately that's been one of his favorite phrases.
He's constantly referring to or talking about "BIG BOY BED!"
 
Here he is right after it all got set up...
He couldn't even wait for Mommy to put on sheets and finish getting it ready for him!

"SOOOO BIG!!"

So last night was his first official night sleeping in the "big boy bed".
I was pretty worried about him all night.
I may or may not have woken up several times and thought "I need to go check on Lawson and make sure he is okay!"...
Hahaha oh the things mothers do and think!

Here's a little picture I snapped of him right before Travis and I went to bed...
Needless to say, he survived the night just fine!
In fact, I heard him wake up this morning a little after 7 and then he just played quietly with his toys until about 8!
It was so nice to not have to get up to him yelling "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" for me to come and get him out of the crib.
I guess w'll have to see how nap time goes today before I declare us in the clear...

1 comment:

Summer Anderson said...

Cool! That's exactly the plan we had, to buy bunk beds and just set up the bottom bunk for now. Let me know how it goes!