*So this story actually happened about a month ago but I'm just now getting around to blogging about it. Don't judge me.
Well, a few Saturdays ago there was a Women's Conference for our church that was an all day event sort of thing up in the Houston area.
Therefore, Lawson and Travis got to spend a "guys' day" together while mommy got to enjoy some nice "Lawson free" time with other women from my church.
Well when I got home I got quite the surprise!
(And that is a MAJOR understatement...)
You see, Travis had been bugging me for quite some time about giving Lawson a haircut.
And I kept saying NO.
Travis wanted to cut it himself because Travis cuts his own hair and therefore thinks he's a hair cutting expert...
(Travis basically just buzzes his head every two weeks...he doesn't have much hair left to be cutting anyway haha!)
And I kept telling him that Lawson's haircut would take a lot more skill than just the basic buzz.
I told him I wanted to ask a friend for tips on how to do it and then maybe take him somewhere first to get a better idea of how to cut a one year old's hair.
Well Travis decided that while I was gone, and therefore unable to tell him NO, that he was just going to go ahead and cut Lawson's hair.
Yup.
He cut my baby's hair for the first time.
Without. Me.
Gasp!
Well, as you can imagine I was quite speechless when I came home to a son who no long had any hair.
(At least that's what it felt like in my mind!)
Now I wasn't mad at Travis for doing it.
I was basically just stunned and flabbergasted that he would actually do something that I kept telling him not to do while I was gone and couldn't tell him otherwise.
(He keeps saying that was point of doing it while I gone...still not sure how I feel about that!)
Well after a little getting used to, I decided that he actually didn't do that bad of a job after all.
I'll let you decide for yourself.
Here's the before:
And here's the after:
Now granted the pictures don't do it nearly enough justice.
But there was a huge difference.
Lawson's hair was so short!
So moral of the story?
Don't ever leave Travis alone for several hours unsupervised with Lawson when there is something specific I do not want done to him.
Because Travis will do it!
Travis has already started asking when he can cut Lawson's hair again.
And what do I do?
Just roll my eyes and walk away.



1 comment:
hahaha okay this story made me laugh! I think he looks cute with short hair!!
Post a Comment