So we finally made it here to Galveston, TX!
We've actually been here for almost a week but haven't had internet in our apartment until now.
There is a computer in the front office we can use but it's super old and pretty slow so that doesn't leave much room for blogging.
But now that we're set up I'm in major need of a big blog catch up!
So we packed up the big 16 foot Budget truck last Monday
(yes we nearly filled the entire thing...having a kid triples the amount of stuff that you have!)
and headed out on our 3 day long journey.
Travis drove the Budget truck while Lawson and I were driving in the Maxima.
The first day we drove 8.5 hours to Wichita, KS and stayed the night at a hotel.
That was definitely a loooooooong day.
Kansas is definitely not the most exciting state to drive through especially with an 11 month old and 8.5 hours felt like an eternity...
But after a good night rest we took off the next day to Dallas.
We drove straight through Oklahoma which was a little bit more exciting than Kansas but nothing to really write home about.
It ended up being about a 6.5 hour drive the second day which wasn't all that bad.
We stayed with Travis's cousin Brenton while in Dallas but were only there for a quick night and were off for our last day early the next morning.
So the final day of our journey was only a 5 hour drive down through Houston which felt a whole lot shorter than the other days thank goodness!
Finally we arrived in Galveston early afternoon and after signing a bunch of paper work for our apartment we were finally ready to get that truck unloaded!
Except that we forgot that we weren't in CO anymore and the middle of the afternoon in TX meant 100 degree+ weather with, I swear, 100% humidity...
So the truck stayed loaded until later that evening when the sun had gone down.
Thank goodness for the Church because we had a group of men from our ward show up to help us move in.
I felt really bad because our apartment is on the 3rd floor so those men probably didn't realize what they had signed up for but at the end of it all they said they still like us and were glad we were here!
So this past week has pretty much been nothing but unpacking and cleaning and organizing...
But I'm nearly done so pictures will be coming soon!
Travis started orientation this week and so he's been gone all day every day.
Just a little taste of what life is going to be like for the next 4 years I guess!
It's been pretty nice because with orientation week there's been a ton of different parties/gatherings with food so we've been able to score 4 free dinners this week!
Also, we've already made a lot of new friends from our ward so I'm definitely looking forward to having a bunch of other mommy friends!
So pretty much life is great here in Galveston.
We'll have to see what life is like next week when Travis actually starts his classes!
(More catch up coming soon...)
3 comments:
So Glad you made it safe. Traveling with the Kid is never the easiest but Go you! YOU ARE AMAZING! Keep the updates coming!
That was so nice of the people in your ward to help you move! I swear the people in Texas are the nicest people I have ever met. Who knew that you guys, matt and jaimie, and Brenton and I would all end up in Texas. I love it!
Glad you made it Katelyn! We'll have to get together sometime and play at the beach or something. :)
Post a Comment