So last Friday morning Lawson and I went out on our back porch to enjoy a little fresh air.
Well as we went to sit down in a chair the bottom of the chair decided to give way and down we went.
Great...
Here Lawson and I were, completely stuck in this broken chair and
home all alone and my back was killing me.
Long story short, I was finally able to wiggle our way out of the chair and ended up in quite a bit of pain.
So over the next several days my back was pretty bothersome and it seemed to getting a little worse each day.
Great...
Fast forward to yesterday.
Lawson was playing by my feet and was about to grab something he
couldn't have so I quickly bent down to grab him and whoops!
I couldn't move at all and my back was definitely in some pretty intense pain.
GREAT...
I have seriously never, never hurt so bad in my entire life.
(Except maybe while in labor...but an epidural solved that problem!)
I just started bawling and Travis had to basically move and do everything
for me to get me up and lying down on the couch.
At first, I didn't want to go see a doctor because that would possibly be pretty expensive.
But after a few minutes I decided that I didn't have a choice.
I needed a doctor pretty badly.
So after a very long hour or so and a pretty difficult trip I'm finally all checked in
at the urgent care and talking to doctor.
And it turns out that I have sciatica.
Basically, it's pain associated with compression of the sciatic never in the lower back down through the leg.
It's pretty common to have sciatica with low back problems and luckily it can be treated pretty easily.
The doc gave me a nice pain med prescription and instructions on how to take it easy for the next few days.
Also, once I'm better and I need to take a lot more preventative steps to keep from having this happen again.
And trust me, I definitely don't want this to happen again!
Pretty much, I mainly need to be a lot better about the way I bend over and lift things
(that mainly means lifting Lawson...)
which I already knew because ever since having Lawson
it seems that my back has been hurting a lot more often.
So moral of the story?
Be careful of how you treat your back!
I'm only 22 and thought I still had a while to go before I started having these types of problems.
Looks like I was pretty wrong...
Hopefully I'll be able to get it all sorted out before it gets any worse!
3 comments:
Yikes, I hope it feels better soon! With a boy on the move how can you not use your back?? Brenton hurt his back last year and he was pretty useless. Maybe you could use this to your advantage, take a few days off :)
Sorry to hear about your back. that is NOT FUN!!! hope you feel better soon!
-Leslee-
Sorry to hear about your back. I hope you are feeling better! Let me know if there is anything I can do! :)
Post a Comment