I absolutely love General Conference weekend.
The older I've gotten the more and more I look forward to it each spring and fall.
There's nothing better than sitting together as a family and listening to the words of our
prophets and leaders.
I love the feeling of being spiritually uplifted and edified for two straight days.
And I love the feelings of hope that General Conference brings to me.
This year, two of my favorite talks were given by
Elder Quentin L. Cook and Elder Richard G. Scott.
Elder Cook's talk reaffirmed to me that I'm doing the right thing with my life by being a mom.
He made me proud to be a mother and woman of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Elder Scott's talk reaffirmed to me the sanctity of marriage.
He made me want to be a better wife and to do everything to strengthen
and preserve mine and Travis' marriage.
Of course there were many more amazing talks given and I loved seeing the
common themes throughout multiple of them.
I loved the emphasis given to charity and helping and serving the poor and needy.
I also loved the emphasis given to families and children.
There are so many things that I would like to take away from this General Conference
and incorporate more into our little family.
I can't wait for next month's Ensign to come so I can start rereading all these wonderful words of inspiration!

1 comment:
I am with you. I loved conference, and can't wait to re-read what was said!
Post a Comment